Music to work out to?

Options
regosaki
regosaki Posts: 265 Member
Hello MFPeeps!

This isn't a new topic by any means, but it's a topic that is important to my (and your) work out sessions.....Who knows your input may inspire me into new musical avenues????????Please join in!!!!

What music do you work out to?

To simplify things slightly, why don't we narrow it down to, WHAT HAVE YOU LISTENED TO AT THE GYM FOR THE LAST 7 DAYS???

As I started this thread I will kick this off with all the music I can remember from the last week.....

ALBUM ARTIST.
Kings and Queens Jamie T
Radiodread Easy star All-stars.
Highway to Hell AC/DC
Lonerism Tame Impala
Modern Vampires of Vampire Weekend.
the city
Innervisions Stevie Wonder
Greatest Hits Bob Marley and the Wailers
40 Licks Rolling Stones

Not a comprehensive list by any means but a good start? What get's you up and running?????

Replies

• abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    So many things, if you look at my music list you'd think I am crazy (which I am, but that is another point)

Tool, A Perfect Circle, DJ Heavygrinder (she does killer mixes!), STP, Bob Marley, KMFDM, Blake Shelton, The KLF are just a few of them....
  • regosaki
    Options
    OOOOOOOH I love the KLF! they are awesome!!!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Loud and heavy. Suicidal Tendencies, old Metallica, Rob Zombie, The Bruisers, NWA, loud!
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Disclosure's album is packed with awesome workout music.
    Its called 'Settle'

I'd recommend it :flowerforyou:
  • regosaki
    Options
    I'm loving the old Metallica and NWA vibe!!!! I'd like to add Greenday Dookie (before they thought they were the clash) and Guns and Roses Appetite for Destruction! These all get me rockin in the gym! Fantastic comments folks I shall be checking some of these babies out later to add to my media player.
  • Figs318
    Figs318 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow i guess im the odd man in this group. I tend to listen Aloe Blacc - The man, Armin Van Buren - ping pong, Major Lazer feat. Daddy Yankee - Watch out for this, Original Don - Major lazer, Alive (zedd remix), Showtek and Justin prime - Cannonball original mix....

Anyways a bit different from what others have said, but my musical influences were different growing up. Either way enjoy :)
  • Journey2TheCenter
    Options
    I am very old school but have a luv new school also... so here is what's on my workout playlist:

Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses
    You're The Best - Joe Esposito
    Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
    Carnaval - Tito "El Bambino"
    Fighter - Christina Aguilera
    Get Me Bodied - Beyonce
    Roar - Katy Perry
    Strip Me - Natasha Bedingfield
    Vivir Mi Vida - Marc Anthony
    Stronger - Kelly Clarkson

Just to name a few :-)
  • abuck_13
    Options
    If you like Metal, and you like techno/electronic stuff, you should definitely check this out:

https://soundcloud.com/djheavygrinder

She does some amazing remixes of metal songs that will knock your socks off
  • DaWayne360
    DaWayne360 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Dueling Banjos
    Cotten Eyed Joe
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    R&B and lovey dovey acoustic songs
  • cjazz72
    cjazz72 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I listen to Five Finger Death Punch, Disturbed, Stone Sour, Dead Sara, basically anything hard rock and metal as long it can bring out that fighting, solider, warrior, drill sergeant yelling at me mindset as I work out lol
  • abuck_13
    Options
    Good choices - aggressive stuff that goes 100 BPM+ will do that.

I like to throw some stuff in the mix that slows down to the 80 range as well to give a 'recovery' time before gearing it up again as well.
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Hello MFPeeps!

This isn't a new topic by any means, but it's a topic that is important to my (and your) work out sessions.....Who knows your input may inspire me into new musical avenues????????Please join in!!!!

To simplify things slightly, why don't we narrow it down to, WHAT HAVE YOU LISTENED TO AT THE GYM FOR THE LAST 7 DAYS???

As I started this thread I will kick this off with all the music I can remember from the last week.....

ALBUM ARTIST.
    Kings and Queens Jamie T
    Highway to Hell AC/DC
    Lonerism Tame Impala
    the city
    40 Licks Rolling Stones

Not a comprehensive list by any means but a good start? What get's you up and running?????

I'm sorry, but I'm waaayyyyyy too busy trying to figure out your weight loss ticker photo.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I oscilate between two genra's while working out

Rock This- Santiagold
    Bounce - Iggy Azeala
    Bombay Bo- Culture Shock
    Work B*tch- Britney Spears
    Hard out Here- Lilly Allen

Vamp- Phutureprimitive

Drifting the other way
    *kitten*- In this Moment
    Apex Predator- OTEP
    Dear Insanity- Asking Alexandria
    White Knuckles- Five Finger Death Punch
    Devils Own - Five Finger Death Punch

Flaw
    Breaking Benjamin
    Arch Enemy
    Papa Roach
    Tool
  • regosaki
    Options
    Hello MFPeeps!

ALBUM ARTIST.
    Kings and Queens Jamie T
    Highway to Hell AC/DC
    Lonerism Tame Impala
    the city
    40 Licks Rolling Stones

I'm sorry, but I'm waaayyyyyy too busy trying to figure out your weight loss ticker photo.

What's to figure out, it's a bum faced boy? Lol
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Pandora has a good strength training station (I can't think of the exact name ATM...).

I really like their 80's cardio station when running, too.
  • Needachange84
    Needachange84 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I like the fitradio app. It has all sorts of different genre mixes for all types of workouts
  • regosaki
    Options
    I think my favourite running music is AC/DC it has a constant beat and good rhythm, which really helps me focus, but I am open to your wonderful suggestions.... I find things like Bob Marley Stevie Wonder etc help when I row, but lifting weights is tough I haven't really found anything that helps me there just yet...
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    Jamie Brockett: Legend of the USS Titanic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XFYMjkFYPg
  • regosaki
    Options
    Hello MFPeeps!

ALBUM ARTIST.
    Kings and Queens Jamie T
    Highway to Hell AC/DC
    Lonerism Tame Impala
    the city
    40 Licks Rolling Stones

If it helps clarify things, it was a comedy sketch by David Mitchell and Robert Webb titled something like "The boy born with an *kitten* for a face".....Here's a link to the clip on youtube, I just thought it was quite funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ8oGDUWpmY