Beer!

Options
Have you given up beer (or wine) to reach your goals? Or cut back on the amount or switched to lite beer?

Replies

• Steeeck
    Options
    Mmmm. Beer. I have cut back, but refuse to drink lite. My brother brews it and he has spoiled me.
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have cut back a lot on beer. I used to drink a beer in the evening after work. not every day, but several times a week. I leave it cut back for now. When I have reached my goal I will probably drink more beer again, since I´m not healthy with what I´m eating right now =):drinker:
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    No....I actually discovered my love for beer....Raspberry Shocktop to be exact
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I make room for it as beer is an intense passion/hobby of mine.
    I also homebrew and luckily Beersmith gives me an approximate calorie estimate for each bottle.
  • Bellusion
    Options
    I was told recently by a lactation consultant to drink a dark beer every night, so I make room for it!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I cut way back, and replaced it to some degree with liquor. I like crafty microbrews, especially hoppy pale ales and IPAs and I drank them often -- 3 or 4 a day, with occasional Fri / Sat nights with 8+. I just couldn't fit that amount into a reasonably healthy diet at a calorie deficit. I still enjoy my beers, but much less often. I have come to enjoy sipping tequila in the evenings while reading or watching a little TV before bed.

My local brewery - not a retail sales establishment / brewpub location (Devil's Canyon for you SF Bay Area folk) - opens up their brewery location for a charity party the last Friday of each month (Beer Friday!) and sells by the pint, hosts bands, etc. So tomorrow I will be logging multiple pints for sure and will almost certainly (knowingly) go over my calorie plan!
  • cmmckay1
    cmmckay1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I quit cold turkey until I reach my goal. I miss it so much, lol! Sam Adams Cherry Wheat is the greatest thing ever.
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Never.

Try sticking to 1 or 2.

Mostly fail at this.