how to not snack/binge?

Options
This is my first day of dieting and I've been DYING for food. I had food though but I'm ALWAYS hungry.
like always
and I just want unhealthy food because my family is always unhealthy.
Today they had donuts (hardest thing I resisted in FOREVER)
and skipped a really unhealthy big pasta dinner
but IM SO HUNGRY
and I ate as much as I should till lunch.
Any ways I can maintain my hunger?

Replies

• coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    you gotta eat to satisfy that hunger! but it's what u eat and how much of it that counts! Good on u for resisting donuts i know it is hard!
  • MamaC77
    MamaC77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am with you. I am always feeling hungry. My husband is constantly telling me to drink water and I wont be as hungry. I dislike water... a lot. I am not sure if I am actually hungry or if I am used to stuffing my face with all the things I shouldn't. Like the above poster said, its a matter of what you eat and how much. Good luck. I will be rooting for you!
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I find that coffee and tea (both hot and unsweetened, no cream or milk) helps. Also keep a full glass of water always at your elbow and sip on that, too. Bonus calories burnt going back and forth to the bathroom, and your skin will have a lovely glow from all that hydration.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Make your calorie goal is correct. There is no need to still be hungry after eating.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I was like that the first day, I guess it's the knowledge that I am "restricted", "on a diet' :)

Good for you for resisting the temptation, but don't go starving yourself either. There is loads of great info on the forum, and support too. It will get easier with time!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    1. Make sure that your calorie goal is actually appropriate for your body and activity level. Way too many people set an aggressive goal and then ignore what their body is trying to tell them.

2. Look for foods that are higher in fat, protein, and fiber. These help keep you feeling fuller and more satisfied for a longer period of time.

3. Drink plenty of water (or fluids of choice).

4. Play around with your meal timings. When you eat won't make a difference to your weight loss. Some people do better with 6 small meals a day and some people prefer 2 large meals. Find what works for your schedule.

5. Give you body some time to adjust. The hormones that control your hunger signals are sent out partially out of habit. As you eat less your body will catch up and stop telling you to be hungry as often. It takes a while, but your body will catch up with your brain if you're consistent.