From Miss Fit to Miss Fat!!

Options
Hi Everyone,

I am Neha, currently working as a Software Developer in an IT firm. And as the Job and stress goes I have put on 15 kgs in last 1year. All my life I have been on the leaner side never crossing 50 kg, but lately due to almost sedentary liefstyle and irregular eating habits I became overweight . Tried loosing weight so many times but eventually all such plans end up showing no progress on the scale bar.

Recently I have turned 26 and now I want to become fit and lean again. because everyday i wake up and try to eat right and try to do everything possible to not gain any extra pound. But that doesn't happen. I don't want to give up this time.

Any suggestions as to how can I keep myself motivated and loose at least 4 kg's per month.

Replies

• Feervi
    Feervi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi dear!! I am currently going through the same case as you. I put on 20 kilos!!! There is no magical trick to keep yourself motivated I guess. In my case, I started going on a diet/to the gym with a friend. Why try to motivate each other.

I think this site is very useful because you're more self conscious of what you eat and the process!

Good luck to us!
  • dynamitefit
    Options
    Find your big why. Why do you want to lose weight?? It could be one major thing or many things. Truth of the matter you have to do whatever it takes to motivate yourself. For example I typed out my big why's and posted them on my mirrors and anywhere I could see them. That way whenever I don't feel motivated I look at them and it helps me stay on track.
  • LadyPinkMan
    LadyPinkMan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thanks MsKia4 . :)

I shall do that. I guess lack of motivation and focus makes me fall of the wagon every time.
  • LadyPinkMan
    LadyPinkMan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi dear!! I am currently going through the same case as you. I put on 20 kilos!!! There is no magical trick to keep yourself motivated I guess. In my case, I started going on a diet/to the gym with a friend. Why try to motivate each other.

I think this site is very useful because you're more self conscious of what you eat and the process!

Good luck to us!

Thanks Babz. I guess finding a friend and doing things together will really help me a lot.
    I am planning to start Zumba from tommorow . Wish me Luck. :):)
  • Billie09
    Billie09 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I find that creating an emotional bond to the person I want to be helps keep me on track. Also, planning and preparing food ahead plus regular planned exercise play each other up as motivators. If I eat well I exercise, if I exercise I eat well. Works for me. Good luck on your journey.
  • Feervi
    Feervi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! :D There are also pages called "fitblr". Tumblr pages that share motivational images and mssgs. I always want to take my fat *kitten* to the gym after reading those posts! lol. I recommend them, ask mr google.
  • deepaknaik1
    deepaknaik1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think most important motivator is WHY you need to lose weight.
    Once you realize the actual motivating factor, it becomes much easy as the question will always guide to be on track whenever you feel like you are slipping.

for me it is more of psychological thing than physical,

hope it answers a bit for you