P90X R1 Completed - Big-fore and After

P90X Graduate (queue the graduation music).

Start: 232 lbs
Completion: 207 lbs

Round 1 is what I am calling my fat shredder round as I had a ton of excess fat. Round 2 will begin the transforming the remaining fat to muscle and toning myself up.

Common q&a:
Did you follow the nutrition plan provided by the program? No
Did you just use MFP to track your food/calories? Yes & No, I did not get introduced into this site & mobile app until I was 2.5 months into the program (I imagine how much better I would have been if I would have started them at the same time...sorry I digress), the first 2.5 months where a shot in the dark with the food I was consuming.

Note: I think I lost a couple of pounds by just shaving my head and facial hair.

Without further ado...

Round1ComF.jpg
R1C.B.B-A.JPG
R1C.B.F.B-A.JPG
R1C.F.B-A.JPG
R1C.F.F.B-A.JPG

Replies

• nellajane24
    nellajane24 Posts: 108 Member
    WOW!! Amazing! Thanks for the inspiration, as I have been so curious about doing P90X myself!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Awesome job, you can see a huge difference. I think not tracking your food through the first two months definitely hurt your progress. Are you jumping right back into another round, or taking some time off?

WOW!! Amazing! Thanks for the inspiration, as I have been so curious about doing P90X myself!

What are you curious about? I can help.
  • Dreamgirl97
    Dreamgirl97 Posts: 106 Member
    Congrats!
  • nellajane24
    nellajane24 Posts: 108 Member
    Awesome job, you can see a huge difference. I think not tracking your food through the first two months definitely hurt your progress. Are you jumping right back into another round, or taking some time off?

I guess curious wasn't the right word.. I asked my husband to get this for me for Christmas. I have never been lean or toned in my life, and want to be so badly!! The only real question I have, I guess, is do you need equipment for it?
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Nice, you look alot younger too.

I've been debating between p90x and insanity myself (looking to start one or the other after the holidays)
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    THAT is so awesome! My husband and I want P90X and he's about what size you used to be, and it made him kind of envious of you, cuz we can't afford P90X right now. lol Keep up the good work. Are you doing a round two?
  • Scorpiomom222

I guess curious wasn't the right word.. I asked my husband to get this for me for Christmas. I have never been lean or toned in my life, and want to be so badly!! The only real question I have, I guess, is do you need equipment for it?

You need weights for it.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    you can use resistance bands instead of weights. i'm almost done with round one great work
  • Scorpiomom222
    you can use resistance bands instead of weights. i'm almost done with round one great work

Do you know where I can get resistence bands? Cuz we can afford P90X for Christmas if we can just use resistence bands.
  • mrmarius

Do you know where I can get resistence bands? Cuz we can afford P90X for Christmas if we can just use resistence bands.

i got mine from walmart, but i would recommend maybe academy or whatever type "sports" store you have near you. you can also order online even beachbody.com sells them
  • Scorpiomom222

i got mine from walmart, but i would recommend maybe academy or whatever type "sports" store you have near you. you can also order online even beachbody.com sells them

Eeeek! Be careful saying that on here. They'll remove your post if you openly say beachbody.com
  • mrmarius

Eeeek! Be careful saying that on here. They'll remove your post if you openly say beachbody.com

lol i'll try to remember that
  • dctucker
    dctucker Posts: 13 Member
    I just started working out last week with my chiropractor, who's a BB coach and tracking what goes past my teeth with MFP. He's mixing it up with P90X, Tony 1 on 1's etc. 5 AM, 3 days/week in his office. I'm uncoordinated as all hell, so some of the stuff is tough to get the hang of, not to mention that I'm grossly out of shape (Round IS a shape! But not for long!!). 1 week today, and I can already see and feel the positive changes.

I gotta go take some before photos in the mirror tonight, to remind me what NOT to return to!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member

no, they're not that aggressive. It's when someone is using the boards as their own free advertising that it violates the rules and will get removed. But just answering where to purchase some equipment should be fine.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Congrats! These are great before and after pics!

D
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Way to go. Hope you go into another round. I just finished my 2nd round. I love the X.
  • Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    Congratulations!! You're doing awesome!!
  • wow ! you look so much younger! great job!
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Amazing job, you look GREAT!!! ;-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!