hi!!! looking for support, new friends, and ideas!

Options
Hey everyone. My name is Leigh. I am 23 and looking to lose a significant amount of weight. I have been overweight for as long as I can remember. I've also been on and off diets for a really long time; nothing ever seemed to stick. I'm proud to say that I have been sticking with this recent weightloss venture for over a month and a half. I realized that time is running by so fast, and I have let too many years go by being held down by my weight. I wanna be healthy, happy, and fit!
I've been lurking around the forums for a whille now and it has been super helpful keeping me on track. Anytime I have a question, I run here and have found amazing support just reading through different threads. You guys rock!
Alright, I've talked about myself enough. Hehe. Cheers!

Replies

• noelr56
    noelr56 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP!!
  • leighloh
    leighloh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • mrsbloveleigh
    mrsbloveleigh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Leigh too! Welcome to MFP. I've been using the app off and on for years, but this is the first time I've made an effort to join in on the community side, so I need buddies too. :smile:
  • leighloh
    Options
    Nice to meet another Leigh. Same here, this app is a huge help. I think what was lacking from all those years of dieting was the community. Never had one! Hopefully now things will change.
  • lesleywhittaker
    lesleywhittaker Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Feel free to add me, we are all in it together!
  • melm1019
    Options
    Hi Leigh, I'm Margie. I just found the site and when I checked out the message boards I saw your post and the idea of a supportive community convinced me to join! I'm 26 and like you have been overweight as long as I can remember. From the time I hit puberty I went from a normal weight kid to overweight. It totally changed my identity and killed my self esteem. I don't want to be like this forever! I try to work out every other day but am not diligent. I'm conscious of eating healthy but probably enjoy my wine too much. I need to start tracking!

Thanks for inspiring me to make this move! Good Luck!
  • dianebakermason
    Options
    Hi! I have been using this plan for about a month, and have lost three pounds, which is really good for me (I am 55 with a lifelong weight "problem", and it's really hard for me to lose anything at all). I'm happy to share celebrations and other stuff! Thanks for posting!
  • bg192905
    bg192905 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey Leigh! Welcome! I am Carla. Feel free to friend me. I am doing my best to learn about eating healthy and healthy weight loss. What's a journey if not accompanied by friends?!
  • ElnuevoAdrian
    ElnuevoAdrian Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Leigh! Feel free to add me!

I have over 200lbs to lose and it is a hard thing to try to fight, when you have so far to go.

I am doing the Ketogenic diet (Low carb) and am content with it. I have done it in the past and had seen great results (over 100+ pounds lost) so I know it can happen again (this time I'm doing therapy to fix my eating disorders, not just lose the weight, a mistake I made last time of fixing the symptoms and not the problem) If you want to try low carb you can add me, there are others just like me who are looking to make change happen and we eat great food (lots of recipes to not make you miss carbs!).

Good luck!
  • Pookie51
    Options
    Hi Leigh! Feel free to discuss support....that's the key to weight loss. I know this is a good way to make that weight change, and could use some support, myself. I know the right things to do; I'm such a foodie....all my careers focus on food....my friend/enemy! My key, also, at age 62, is to MOVE.....exercise! Please reach out.....discuss recipes, methods of cooking, choosing healthy meals when we go out.......I love talking about that! :)
  • aprilwilliams2729
    aprilwilliams2729 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi Leigh! :) Sending you a freind request. I like looking through the message boards, but I get so much inspiration and encouragement from my friends! :) Good luck! You can do this!
  • maria_stafeler
    Options
    yes i need people to help for this site, i am really bad in internet:(
  • leighloh
    Options
    Wow guys, you're all so friendly! @margie, I'm glad you joined! Please add me, we can get through this together. It's nice having a community of people you can relate to. My weight gain killed my self esteem for many years as well. But what matters is right now we are taking the steps to make change. What really has helped me is learning how to let go of guilt from one bad meal. I would feel so guilty I would spiral. Now I just pick myself up and go back to the plan. One day at a time.
    thank you all for the support!!
  • ankleWED
    ankleWED Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Leigh, I just joined about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I also want to be healthy and take better care of my body. Been fighting the battle of the bulge for many years. Up and down like a yoyo. This time I am committed to stay Focus, stay Strong and stay on Tract. I heard someone say that" a knock down is not a knock out. " So I am back upon my feet ready to win this fight to live healthier and be more confident.
  • leighloh
    Options
    You guys are all fantastic:
    @april, thank you for the request!!
    @elnuevo, I have thought about therapy for a while. Has it been helping? Btw I love the picture of bacon on your ticker. So awesome.
    @pookie I am a foodie too!!! Haha
  • Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hi Leigh, welcome to MFP :-) Sounds like you are already doing great and the starting is the hardest part so well done you.

Feel free to add me, I am on here daily and always good to have people to help motivate and share tips and advise xx
  • leighloh
    Options
    That is a fantastic quote. I gotta keep that with me because it is so true.
  • leighloh
    Options
    @skipper thank you, I will be sure to add you!