Replies

• Iwillblossom
    Iwillblossom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    All this talk about lunges and squats - someone told me (a long time ago) that those things will make my thighs bigger. Hard to let a concept go after it's been ingrained a while. How is it that people build muscle through weight lifting but lose inches from lunges? Bottom line - does it actually work for you ladies? Has anyone's thighs gotten less satisfactory from lunges/squats?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    All this talk about lunges and squats - someone told me (a long time ago) that those things will make my thighs bigger. Hard to let a concept go after it's been ingrained a while. How is it that people build muscle through weight lifting but lose inches from lunges? Bottom line - does it actually work for you ladies? Has anyone's thighs gotten less satisfactory from lunges/squats?

funny enough back in may i posted in this thread.. since then i've lost 4 more inches from my thighs and am now in 5 sizes smaller than where i first started. i also gained 5 pounds since i last posted in this thread too. i normally would have been sad about the weight increase, but considering i'm 5 pounds heavier but 4 sizes smaller i'm not too concerned

i mainly lost those thigh inches in my inner thigh area. some women have outer thigh saddlebags, well they were reversed on me.:laugh:

in any case, i pretty much slacked off on the cardio since i last posted so my main workouts were weightlifting (strong lifts and olympic lifts). but i just wanted to say that people dont build muscle solely from weight lifting. it takes a lot of time and effort to build muscle. in order to do that you have to be eating more than your maintenance (which means you'll also gain some fat as well as muscle) and progressively challenge your muscles.

anyone who gains size with weight training either taking steroids or eating more calories than they are burning
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Fat loss comes where fat loss comes. There is no such thing as "spot reduction". That being said, by working body parts, you will see additional definition and muscle development in the areas that are being worked. It is common for many women to gain first in the hips and thighs (actually this is a good thing from a heart healthy standpoint)... However, it also means it is likely the last place for fat to leave from. Keep working and you will get there. Honestly the WORST thing you can do is to stop now. Keep at it. Eventually, the body will have nowhere else to pull fat stores from but the hips and thighs... Then you will have achieved what you are looking for. You can do this. Best wishes on attaining your goal.
  • alltoowell
    alltoowell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm always so concerned about my thighs.

BUMP
  • MinaAguilar
    Options
    What did you do to lose your thighs?
  • vanshika96
    Options
    Can you please help me out......i hv like quite heavy hips and thigh...My friendz r making fun out of this...plzz tell me wt did you do to reduce your hips ??
  • your legs look fantastic! what'd you do? #pearshapethinspo
  • I'm 5"2 and started losing weight to begin with because people would often joke about my big thighs. One guy I was seeing re-named them to 'jiggly' and another friend I had called them thunder thighs.

Anyway, it's a part of me that I'll ALWAYS think is big, and IMO the shape of my hips are wide. But now I'm a size 6 AUS jeans (size 0 American I think?) and it's still an area I'm paranoid about.

1458681_1758.jpg

I guess my legs look smaller but still larger compared to the rest of me!

your legs look fantastic! what'd you do? #pearshapethinspo