Too much sleep

Options
2»

Replies

• megaen29
    megaen29 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The problem with skipping breakfast is the fact that you will feel hungrier throughout the day and therefore it may hinder weight loss. Ever get that craving to binge? Since I started regularly eating breakfast (I never used to eat breakfast) I find I can control my hunger throughout the day and don't get that same food urge. Just a thought as to what has helped me.
  • jenni_d1990
    jenni_d1990 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    How many NET calories am I supposed to have?
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I'm not exhausted. I just have trouble waking up early

You way cut your calories and now you are sleeping an extra 2-3 hours a night. :huh: If you don't want advice on healthy weight loss or an answer to your question, that's fine. Not sure why you posted in that case, but good luck.
  • bethygyrle
    bethygyrle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started My Fitness Pal exactly one month ago today on Dec. 30th.... and it worked great at first because I lost about 7 pounds by the 13th. Since the 13th I've played up and down with the same half pound. In other words I"m getting nowhere. But I'm constantly tired. I don't measure my food but I do try to be reasonable in what I eat and stick to 1200 calories a day or just under. But I"m constantly sleepy. I'm also probably a lot older than most of you. And very, very determined. Exercise is almost negligible because I can't manage more than once a week.... a treadmill for about 35 minutes.....because of physical problems (spinal stenosis -- it comes with age!) I'm wondering if the huge (and I mean HUGE) drop in caloric intake is making me sleepy all the time. Can anyone one advise me?
  • jenni_d1990
    Options

You way cut your calories and now you are sleeping an extra 2-3 hours a night. :huh: If you don't want advice on healthy weight loss or an answer to your question, that's fine. Not sure why you posted in that case, but good luck.

I didn't say anything about being exhausted, I said maybe I should get up earlier. Chill out.
  • jenni_d1990
    Options
    I thought maybe I was getting too much sleep because I was losing when I woke up earlier, my diet is the same, but I'm not losing now I was thinking it had something to do with too much sleep. I would probably eat more if I was awake more of the day too and be more productive which would also help. I have energy and I eat when I'm hungry and I exercise every day. I don't starve myself (not meaning to anyways) and I know I'm not going to lose weight super fast. How many NET calories am I supposed to have?
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I thought maybe I was getting too much sleep because I was losing when I woke up earlier, my diet is the same, but I'm not losing now I was thinking it had something to do with too much sleep. I would probably eat more if I was awake more of the day too and be more productive which would also help. I have energy and I eat when I'm hungry and I exercise every day. I don't starve myself (not meaning to anyways) and I know I'm not going to lose weight super fast. How many NET calories am I supposed to have?

MPF tells you what your net calories should be. What does it say?
  • bethygyrle
    bethygyrle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think so but I'm not sure that it's cause and effect. Logically I would think that going from maybe 3000 calories a day ( I have no idea what I was taking in before) down suddenly to 1200 a day would be somewhat of a shock to the body and tire one out.... but I don't know for sure. I just know I'm really very sleepy these days.
  • jenni_d1990
    Options

So my NET calories should be 1200 then. Even though I'm not eating enough how is it that I haven't been losing more weight? I thought the starvation mode thing was a myth and I don't feel like I am starving : /
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

Looks to me like you are significantly under fueled which is probably the cause of the sleep excess.

Notwithstanding that, weight loss isn't straight line. You will get stalls, for all sorts of reasons.
  • raghibawan3
    raghibawan3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i think you had too much rapid loss of weight and your body has sensed that something going terribly wrong( like femine)so it has turned it self into "conserve energy mode" so ur metabolic rate goes slow down , u feel lethargic and sleepy, in order to conserve the fat which your body has sensed to be precious souce of energy so it will not let it go.....so try moderate weight loss with out skipping meals....it will help....
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options

So my NET calories should be 1200 then. Even though I'm not eating enough how is it that I haven't been losing more weight? I thought the starvation mode thing was a myth and I don't feel like I am starving : /

Who knows. You could have lost fat, but be retaining water. For some people, water retention can cause your weight to fluctuate up to 10 pounds or more. Give it time. Make adjustments as needed.