1,300 calories a day

Options
:smile: I just joined this site on Monday and been reading the message board. There's so much great information here and support, and enjoying using the tools. Never thought I would be able to keep a 'food diary' but so far so good, and it's definitely making me more conscious of what I eat so I'm making better food choices.

Is anyone else here on 1,300 calories a day? At first it sounded like heaps--but then I had no understanding of the concept of calories--but now it seems like it's not a lot. I'm tempted to splurge all my calories on one decent sized meal as splitting it over three meals doesn't give me much at each meal and I'm never fully satisfied.

What would you eat on 1,300 calories a day?

TIA

Replies

• doiexist1987
    doiexist1987 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My diet is about that and it isn't bad.
    Breakfast: plain oat meal and fruit (~250)
    Lunch: veggies starch and plant protein (400-500)
    Dinner: more veggies starch and plant protein (400-500)
    Snack the rest.

It is a ton of food for me.
    Shredded veggies are bulky, low calorie, and filling
    Seasonings are often negligible calories
    Oatmeal is nice and filling and easy on my stomach in the morning. It takes like 90 seconds in the microwave and I can only eat like 2/3 of the recommended serving.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,117 Member
    Options
    You could go with two larger meals, 600-700 calories will keep you full for a long time.

Choose a good portion of protein and make sure to hit your fats and get enough fiber.

If you exercise, on this site you enter exercise and get a few more calories.

It's definitely a learning process. Just log your foods and look at your Food Diary at the end of the day and you'll learn.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I wouldn't even attempt 1300 but on 1500 I'd do 3 meals at 500 each and have the following:

Breakfast
    3 eggs cooked in 1 tsp olive oil (250)
    1 serving oatmeal (150) with cinnamon, 1/2 tbsp butter (50), and 1 tbsp maple syrup (50)
    TOTAL: 500

Lunch
    3 cups salad (lettuce/cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots) = 75-100
    2 tsp olive oil + 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar =100
    4oz protein (deli meat/chicken/tuna) = 120
    med. fruit = 75
    baby carrots with hummus = 105
    TOTAL: 475-500

Dinn
    roasted veggies (9oz broccoli + 1/2 tbsp olive oil with spices) = 150
    4oz lean protein cooked in 1 tsp oil = 160
    med. sweet potato = 115