Tummy tucks... show me your scar!

Options
2»

Replies

• cherie515
    cherie515 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love my 100% flat abs, but it is annoying with the scars. I have had Melanoma and many skin excisions so not like I don't have multiple scars anyways, ha. I love being confident in a tight tee shirt or tank in the summer. I figured I couldn't wear a low bikini with a big belly so at least I can enjoy way more clothes and outfits than I could before.
    It is getting lighter each year (I had it done 2 years ago). Some have new belly buttons but my surgeon cut around mine and left it and reattached. Each surgeon is sooo different.
    One thing nobody tells you about (n maybe its just me) but after I workout I swell and my belly bulges out. It really retains fluids or something. Weird!!??
    I'd do it in a heartbeat again though.

113.jpg
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bluebirds5
    bluebirds5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting these pictures. It really helps to have visuals and people's perspectives/experiences.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I am only 9 weeks post op, but my profile pic is 2 weeks to 5 weeks post op (posted it to show the unreal swelling) but you can see the incision there.

I had a csection 8 years ago, and when I went in for the tummy tuck I could barely see the incision from the csection - like seriously so like I had to look for it! They fade down, and most surgeons will place it in such a position that underwear will cover it up. Takes time to get there as you are sooooo swollen for months, but after time it works its way into the underwear.

If you want a before pic, I have some on my profile. I would take a scar anyday over what I had. I would much rather hide an incision behind clothes then tuck my gut into my pants. I worked hard to get fro 280 to 157, and I still felt so fat and ugly. Now I love to go out shopping and see what I can wear now.

I never had any infections (knock on wood) or complications, so I would do it again in a heartbeat.

ETA: I lied there doesn't seem to be a before in my profile pics now, I will add one :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!