For Those Of You Who Take Apple Cider Vinegar...

Options
How much apple cider vinegar do you take?
How often do you take it?
Do you mix it with anything or drink it straight? :tongue:

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    How much apple cider vinegar do you take?
    How often do you take it?
    Do you mix it with anything or drink it straight? :tongue:

Thanks everyone!
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    I mix two tablespoons in about 16 oz of hot liquid (whatever your fav is..coffee, tea, apple juice) and drink it . The hot liquid makes you drink it slower..and that fills up my stomach so I am not as hungry. In the beginning the taste is NASTY!! Keep drinking regularly ( I do 3 times a day) and you will get use to the taste.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Why do we want to drink apple cider vinegar?
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    I drink ACV for a lot of health reasons and it is also a natural appetite suppresent.

My mom has been drinking it like this for about 6 months and lost just over 50 pounds.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 Tablespoons organic cider vinegar & 1 teaspoon organic honey in cold water, twice a day. I use cold so I can pound it down fast. The honey helps so it doesn't taste so bad. :drinker:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I drink mine with honey and then drink a ton of water to wash it down.

don't use the stuff you buy in the grocery store - you must find the unfiltered, organic kind in the health food store to get the benefits. www.bragg.com if you don't have a good health food store nearby.
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I bought some at Whole Foods so I'm going to give it a whirl.
    :drinker:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I've started taking it recently and it gets rid of any water retention I may have. I mix 2 tsp with 10oz of water in the morning. I actually don't mind the taste at all.
  • cbooker
    cbooker Posts: 18
    Options
    Be sure to use a straw the apple cider vinegar will stain your teeth.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I read the link to the other post and it seemed that the consensus was to get the real organic stuff, not the stuff in the stores. Take between 2-3 teaspoons. And forget about the pills.
    Now, would I be able to add that to my green tea and get the same affect of both? (I do not like the green tea, so drinking both unpleasant things together instead of two unpleasant things at separate times would be more appealing to me) :sick:
    This is very interesting. I felt like a water retaining sea cow today, so I could have used this info this morning.
    Oh yea, that was my other question...Some were taking it in the morning some at night...which works better for you?
  • tashjs21
    Options
    No one is answering my questions :sad: :sad:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Alright, so I went to the store last night and found the unfiltered raw apple cider vinegar. (the consistency of the liquid scared me :frown: ) This morning I put it in my cranberry juice...and....not that bad!
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Natasha26: I put it in my bottle of water along with one of the grape Crystal Light (mine's generic) To Go packets. The grape really masks the vinegar. I've kind of gotten used to it. However, I did not know about the teeth staining though. Yuck!