Beginner workout DVD's

Options
Ok I tried the dancing with the stars dvd's and I looked like a nutcase and couldn't keep up. Fairly new to the exercise thing...so I'm thinking I should start slower and work my way up. I get easily bored with the same videos over and over. Any videos you guys swear by? Recommendations on some workouts that don't get boring? Helllppp me!! Lol. :)

Replies

• karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Well pretty much every Jillian Michaels workout is amazing but they are pretty high intensity. First level of her 30 Day Shred is up on youtube and so are a few of her other ones.

Chris Powell's extreme makeover weightloss edition workouts levels 1, 2 and 3 are all up on youtube. Probably a nicer way to ease yourself in than Jillian Michaels!

If I could find any full length Mr Motivator workouts online I would be a happy person.
  • andreaheileman
    andreaheileman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Bump for the YouTube recommendations! Thank you! I was searching for some nice workouts that I can do on the weekends while this winter is so crazy. Too cold to workout outisde!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    First, it totally depends on your personality. If I like cardio but you hate it, then what I do isn't right for you.

When I first did Zumba with friends we spent the first 3 classes laughing at ourselves more than getting in a full workout because we were all over the place. Did you Like the workout and need to learn it? or it felt way out of your league? Way too tired, etc.

I'll shoot you a message.

Nancy
  • Fassopony
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walk at home vids are what I am using. I have the 1, 2, 3 and 4 mile one. I do 2 miles on Mon and Fri, 1 mile on Tues and Thurs (and lift after), and 3 miles on Wed and Sat, I also lift on Saturdays.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Collage video has clips on their site so you can see what you are getting. The library has tons for free, of course. And you can probably stream them from Netflix too.

When I started out, I liked Kari Anderson & Karen Voight a lot. I also did Turbo Jam with Chalean Johnson and liked her other workouts too. Later, I bought vhs tapes and then dvds with Corey Everson, The Firm, Billy Blanks, Cathy Freidrich and even Cindy Crawford.
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I like the Leslie Sansone dvd's. She won't make you feel uncoordinated and you can make it high or low intensity.
  • seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I like Leslie Sansone too. I have 3 of her videos, 1 has 5 different workouts, 1 has 7 different workouts and 1 is a 3 mile walk with HIT intervals. These videos have strength training, pilates, and walking with knee lifts, kickbacks, kicks etc. I also have a self magazine video and a Kathy Ireland video that I use on occasion. I find my videos at Wal-Mart- they seem to have the best buys. Good luck.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    yup Leslie Sansone is good
  • ordinaryloser
    ordinaryloser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Some of The Biggest Loser Workout DVD's are a pretty good starting point. A couple of them (Last Chance, Cardio Max) are somewhat intense since guess who (Jillian Michaels) is involved lol. P90 (Boot Camp original not P90X) is pretty good too. Whatever you do, you can always modify the exercises or go at your own pace until you can increase intensity.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I started with Slim in 6 and highly recommend it... it's mostly strength/resistance training. The only issue with it is that it's pretty long (1h a day) and repetitive, but it really helped put me in shape when I started.
  • katielshelby
    katielshelby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Shaun T and his Hip Hop abs videos :)
  • kaypee65
    kaypee65 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I found the Biggest Loser DVDs very good for low to moderate intensity workouts. Plus they all show how to modify the exercises to a beginner level.

You might want to check with your local library to see if they have some to try for free.
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I love the Leslie Sansone walking workout programs and almost all of them are available on youtube if you want to try them out before buying a dvd. They are a good workout that anyone can do.
  • popo312
    popo312 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm using the P90 videos, the old ones not P90X. I like it a lot. Easy enough to get into but can challenge you.
  • spoons81
    spoons81 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Check out Fitness Blender on YouTube. They have a lot of great free videos for different levels.