size 4 pants

Options
Hey girls my goal for this year is to get to pants size 4 I'm at 10 right now. Is anyone size 4 pants if so can you how much do you weigh. I'm really wanting to get my goal just don't know how much i need i weigh 150 right now.

Replies

• franzhaydn
    Options
    It all depends on your height, and secondarily on your fat to muscle ratio. 150 lbs and 9% body fat at 5'7"? Sure you could be a size 4. 150 lbs and 27% body fat? No. 27% body fat but 5'11" at 150 lbs? Sure you could be a size 4.

I'm a size 2 and I am 111 lbs at 5'9". So if you're my height you could go with 120 at ~20% body fat.
  • LeahFerri
    LeahFerri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Dunno how tall you are, but I'm about 5'1-2", and I weigh around 120 pounds. I wear anywhere from a 2 to a 6 depending on the manufacturer, but generally a 4. I carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs, too. No idea what my body fat percentage is.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    It depends on TONS of variables besides weight- muscle to fat ratio, height, hip width, how you carry your weight.....it's almost impossible to compare your size to someone elses.

But to answer your question I wear a 2/4 in most pants and I'm 145 at 5'4"ish. But that means almost nothing.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Why do people obsess on a pant size? I don't care what size I wear, as long as I think I look good in the jeans. Besides, no one knows what size the jeans are but me. I mean, I don't wear my jean inside out, so the tag don't show.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Just buy a pair of jeans at Old Navy. They're notorious for having their sizes run big! A 10 in any other brand will be a 4 or 6 at Old Navy :-)
  • fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'd be thrilled to be Size 12!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Why do people obsess on a pant size? I don't care what size I wear, as long as I think I look good in the jeans. Besides, no one knows what size the jeans are but me. I mean, I don't wear my jean inside out, so the tag don't show.

Agreed! That and also being able to find clothing that fits well. Sometimes I mention my clothing sizing on here for context.
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on your size and composition. I'm 5'2" and wore a size 4 between about 130 and 140lbs. My best friend, also 5'2" wore a 4 at about 115- 120lbs. We're just built differently and I tend to have more muscle.
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Agreed! That and also being able to find clothing that fits well. Sometimes I mention my clothing sizing on here for context.

Here here! Also, since sizes rarely are consistent across brands, it really doesn't matter.
  • divacowgirl
    Options
    I am 5'4 and when I was a size 4 I weighed 121lbs.
  • 2bePhantasticallyfit
    Options
    5'2 and 120 lbs and size 4 for now
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I'm size 4/27 jeans and 5'4" ~135. But I also lift and carry a lot of my fat in boobs.

ETA isn't a size usually ~7-10 lbs depending on height? So I'm guessing 120-130 for you.
  • nancyluckhurst3
    nancyluckhurst3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think I was born a size 4 LOL
    Hey girls my goal for this year is to get to pants size 4 I'm at 10 right now. Is anyone size 4 pants if so can you how much do you weigh. I'm really wanting to get my goal just don't know how much i need i weigh 150 right now.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

Because cuter styles come in smaller sizes. Sorry but not everyone likes wearing Wal-Mart, old navy, lee, etc brand of borderline fugly jeans.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    It depends on TONS of variables besides weight- muscle to fat ratio, height, hip width, how you carry your weight.....it's almost impossible to compare your size to someone elses.

But to answer your question I wear a 2/4 in most pants and I'm 145 at 5'4"ish. But that means almost nothing.

Yep. Proportions are the key, although overall weight/%BF matter, too.

Just as an example, I'm 5' 3", 117-118 lbs and a size 2 most places, occasionally a 4. I was a solid 4 at 125 lbs.
  • starlaca
    starlaca Posts: 779 Member
    Options

Because cuter styles come in smaller sizes. Sorry but not everyone likes wearing Wal-Mart, old navy, lee, etc brand of borderline fugly jeans.

I agree with Mesha!!! :drinker:
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i started in a size 18/20 246 pounds

im now in a size 4/6 145 pounds

i am 5 foot 9
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    OP, I suggest you check out mybodygallery.com

You may get more idea of what you seek there.
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I fit into a 1/2 the other day @ 5'4, and a very hippy 136 lbs. most of my closet it size 4-6 (26-28) so shop around, you are probably a size 4 somewhere now.
    Look at Rachel on this season if biggest loser, she is a size 6 dress at 160+ and I just bought a wedding dress at a size 6.
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5", and I am also 150 lb. and a size 10. My daughter, who is the same height as me is 122 lb., and a size 3/4 in most sizes. Hope that helps. We are both somewhat muscular but with a little fat.