size 4 pants

Options
2»

Replies

• ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Just because you already said you are 150lbs and fit into a 10 I'd say you'd fit in a 4 for sure at 120. I'd make it more of a range if pant size is really your goal like 2-6. Or maybe measurements (measure your waistline, hips, etc and set a goal).

I think measurements is the best way to see your progress, unless you only buy jeans from one manufacturer.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Why do people obsess on a pant size? I don't care what size I wear, as long as I think I look good in the jeans. Besides, no one knows what size the jeans are but me. I mean, I don't wear my jean inside out, so the tag don't show.

Because cuter styles come in smaller sizes. Sorry but not everyone likes wearing Wal-Mart, old navy, lee, etc brand of borderline fugly jeans.

I agree with Mesha!!! :drinker:

Oh, I see. I've always worn below a size 4.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your height, and secondarily on your fat to muscle ratio. 150 lbs and 9% body fat at 5'7"? Sure you could be a size 4. 150 lbs and 27% body fat? No. 27% body fat but 5'11" at 150 lbs? Sure you could be a size 4.

I'm a size 2 and I am 111 lbs at 5'9". So if you're my height you could go with 120 at ~20% body fat.

the size of the pelvis is also a major factor. Wide hips = less likely to fit into a size 4, regardless of body fat percentage.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    It depends on TONS of variables besides weight- muscle to fat ratio, height, hip width, how you carry your weight.....it's almost impossible to compare your size to someone elses.

But to answer your question I wear a 2/4 in most pants and I'm 145 at 5'4"ish. But that means almost nothing.

Just to further illustrate this point-- I'm 5'4" and a size 2/4 and I weigh 125.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Why do people obsess on a pant size? I don't care what size I wear, as long as I think I look good in the jeans. Besides, no one knows what size the jeans are but me. I mean, I don't wear my jean inside out, so the tag don't show.

Because cuter styles come in smaller sizes. Sorry but not everyone likes wearing Wal-Mart, old navy, lee, etc brand of borderline fugly jeans.

this is going to end well....
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

this is going to end well....

The cuter jeans aren't just in size 4...I personally see a lot in 8, 6..etc..
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I am 119 lbs 5 foot 2 and a size 3. I never intended to get down to a size 3, just happened. :)
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I think I was born a size 4 LOL
    Hey girls my goal for this year is to get to pants size 4 I'm at 10 right now. Is anyone size 4 pants if so can you how much do you weigh. I'm really wanting to get my goal just don't know how much i need i weigh 150 right now.

I am with Nancy on this one but good luck to you!
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    There are so many variables. I am 5'7" and I weigh 120. My jeans are a size 0 and my work pants are a 2. Some brands run small and I have to go up to a 4. Really depends.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

I agree with Mesha!!! :drinker:

Oh, I see. I've always worn below a size 4.

Something tells me that you make the jeans cute, not the other way around.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    You can't really go by weight, my goal was to get back to size 8, the last time I was that size I weighed around 150lbs, this time I got there at 165lbs. I did more circuit training type workouts than traditional cardio (running, walking, elliptical).
  • Tudderette
    Options
    I couldn't agree with you more! For so long I tried to keep wearing jeans from the 'Juniors' section. They still fit, but they did not flatter my body at all. I've had a kid. I have hips. Now I wear whatever size fits, and covers me when I bend over/squat down. Whatever the size, if it looks good and it's comfortable, I'm happy!
  • Tudderette
    Options

I couldn't agree with you more! For so long I tried to keep wearing jeans from the 'Juniors' section. They still fit, but they did not flatter my body at all. I've had a kid. I have hips. Now I wear whatever size fits, and covers me when I bend over/squat down. Whatever the size, if it looks good and it's comfortable, I'm happy!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    5'7" - 135
  • EuroDivas
    EuroDivas Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just buy a pair of jeans at Old Navy. They're notorious for having their sizes run big! A 10 in any other brand will be a 4 or 6 at Old Navy :-)

lol... so true. Not only Old Navy but lots of other brands have this problem but amazingly the other way around.
    For example I weigh 61 kg & 170cm but I still cannot fit into a size XL top at Zara. Everywhere else I take large
    but at Zara there is no top for me.