Today a week 100% free of booze and tabacco :)

Options
So after smoking for 17 years and been a alcoholic for 5 years today i havent touched both for a week, i know i know not very long but it's a step in the good direction :)

Stopped both cold turkey so maybe it could be a motivation to someone out there :happy: Now i need to shred 66lb :noway:

Also on my 5th day of insanity and p90x so i hope that i can stick with it because as the same reason i post this, don't have any friends or family nearby and the ones that are have also a really really bad lifestyle so they can't really relate.

Replies

• amm8589
    amm8589 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What a huge accomplishment! Keep taking it one day at a time, making daily goals. You will find plenty of support here. A new, healthy lifestyle is going to make you feel so much better, physically and mentally. It takes time, as all good things do, but you will feel so much better. You can do this!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Well done that's really great progress it's not easy to go cold turkey. Keep up the good work. Good luck with your fitness goals. MFP is so supportive my friend list encourage me everyday. I have achieved things I never thought possible because of my MFP friends.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Very happy to have you as a friend if you want. PM me so we can talk. You're doing great!
  • Tinx_87
    Tinx_87 Posts: 18
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's a massive step in the right direction. I'm a smoker too (9 years) . I want, so badly, to quit - so i'll be joining you very soon!! :)

GOOD LUCK for your journey ahead - i can't wait to see your progress in a few months from now - you most definitely CAN do this!! :)
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    That's a massive achiever. Keep going and good luck.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

I quit smoking in 2010 after 10 years of smoking about a pack a day and it was the best decision I ever made! Since quitting and losing weight, my breathing has been 100% better and i just feel better and I know you will too! Congrats again!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    that is brillaint. Massive congrats. Keep that focus
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Fabulous, well done mate!
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Dpurcell924
    Dpurcell924 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That is a great accomplishment! Stick with the exercise and getting yourself healthy! We are all rooting for you!
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step into a totally new and healthy lifestyle!! Since you don't have friends who can support you in healthy ways, lean heavily on the community here!! You will find fantastic support & motivation to keep going. You're doing Insanity & P90X at the same time?! I've done both, but not at the same time...Are you doing a hybrid program? If not, that's a big chunk to chew off -- be sure you're getting enough calories, and don't burn out. Pay close attention to your energy levels, and if you find you're dragging, you may have to back off a bit on one or the other. I'm doing Body Beast & some P90X3, and mixing it up with some T25 here and there, and I love it. Keep up the great work, and know we are here to help you along the way to your new life! :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    well done!
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Some of the most influential, successful and respected people I have met are reformed alcoholics and or addicts. You just began down the path to a very bright future; and you will help many more people than you will ever know...

Thank You!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Done well boss
  • Fuax75
    Fuax75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Say it ain't so no BOOZE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! LOL Congrats on that achievement!

Well done
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!! You can do this!!
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the great comments. In rl it's always a less positive and getting questions like why (because its unhealthy duh) and come on smoke one or come have a drink etc
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! It may not be a long a time, but it's a new accomplishment for you and that's great!! Keep going, you can do it :happy:
  • RotterdamNL
    Options
    Still got those moments i really really craving to smoke especialy after diner but staying strong :)
  • RotterdamNL
    Options
    Was on the market today, crowded, people stopping right in front of you or walk too slow, looking weird at me how i am eating my fish etc etc man i really really wanted a sigaret cause started to feel agressive >< im glad im home now