any advice for me and my ugly stomach?

Options
Hi. As u can tell my stomach is gross. I know. I hate looking at it too :( I have a questions about it.. I would like true stories or maybe some tips. Please. Some facts about me. I'm a mom of a beautiful 6 year old. I've lost a good amount of weight after I had my daughter. I hate my stomach more then anything.. Do you think its possible to loose the indent on the bottom of my stomach without surgery? Why do I have the indent? I did the test for diastasis recti and I dnt have it.

Replies

• Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I have that indent too. I've was 184lbs at my highest during my pregnancy & now weigh 122lbs. I workout everyday... HIIT, strength training, yoga. I rub cocoa butter on my stretch marks. I had my gallbladder removed at 5 months pregnant & my appendix removed at 2 weeks post partum. Basically my stomach looks like a cut up honey baked ham. Most of that looks like skin. It may or may not shrink anymore. My child is 2 & I have seen some skin tighten up, but not much.

Work on lowering your body fat % & strength training. Tighten up your core as well. Re-evaluate your expectations as well. I have stretch marks & loose skin everywhere. It is what it is. That's just what happens once you have a child. I was not genetically blessed & everyone in my family looks like a train wreck after having children LOL. Good luck! Keep working out & it'll get better some.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    If it's been this long, your options are pretty much living with it or get surgery.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    First of all-your stomach isn't ugly. Our stretch marks/marks are reminders of the amazing job our bodies have done, carrying our children and bringing them into this world. I have one large stretch mark and I love it!

Second-take a peek at my before/after pictures in my profile. My stomach was similar to yours starting out (I've had three kids). Eating at a calorie deficit and getting my weight down to the low end of a normal bmi has made all the difference :)
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thought from a guy whose wife had six children and she now has the same issue with stomach............we love our wives. We sure as heck have our warts
  • saralukies
    saralukies Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't normally post, but I thought I would just pipe up on this. Your stomach is not gross. I would say that a lot, if not most, women that have given birth will have a similar one. You can try to fix it with diet and exercise, more power to you, but please don't think you are some kind of freak. Have a goal, but also understand that it probably will never look the same as it did pre-child. And that is okay. Like I said, a lot of us baby-bearing ladies are facing a similar sight in the mirror every day.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I hate my stomach too. I bust my *kitten*. I was actually thinking during my workout today... Hey maybe some burn victim needs extra skin! I will gladly donate it in exchange for a tummy tuck!!! :glasses:
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/863091-tummy-tucks-show-me-your-scar

Check out this topic. It was very eye opening to me. I didn't realize how big tummy tuck scars are. I have had 2 c-sections and I thought those scars were a bummer. Yes these girls bellys look flatter but it kinda looks like Frankenstein. I am not trying to be rude to those who choose surgery. I just thought they had come far enough to do without the big scar. So I guess if your stomach grosses you out more than that scar then surgery is a good option for you. I personally wouldn't be ready to do that unless I had a lot of extra skin, which may be true after I loose 30 plus pounds, but even then I don't know those scars are pretty big.
  • BeckyGee84
    BeckyGee84 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice but I can sympathize. I had my son almost 3 years ago and my daughter 4 months ago. I hate my stomach. It started looking halfway decent after I lost the weight after my son, but now it looks terrible all over again. All you can do is work it, and if it never shrinks, suck it in! I had to laugh at the nurse in the hospital after I had my daughter. She said "your c-section scar is really low, you'll be able to wear a bikini again!". I said "No way I'm ever wearing a bikini!" We'll see. I haven't since 2005 lol.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I hate my stomach too. I bust my *kitten*. I was actually thinking during my workout today... Hey maybe some burn victim needs extra skin! I will gladly donate it in exchange for a tummy tuck!!! :glasses:

I freaking love you! Great idea!!!
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My stomach looked great after my first born, maybe a couple stretch marks. Then after my now one year old (he was 10.4 pounds!!) it looks way different. I hated it at first, but as I lose weight and start to tone up it doesn't bother me that much anymore (stretch marks and all). I might not be rockin a bikini this summer but I don't hate. And your stomach does not look horrible. Keep working on it and I'm sure you'll come to love it (or at least like it) :)
  • L0vr
    L0vr Posts: 5
    Options
    First of all-your stomach isn't ugly. Our stretch marks/marks are reminders of the amazing job our bodies have done, carrying our children and bringing them into this world. I have one large stretch mark and I love it!

Second-take a peek at my before/after pictures in my profile. My stomach was similar to yours starting out (I've had three kids). Eating at a calorie deficit and getting my weight down to the low end of a normal bmi has made all the difference :)

Really? How similiar to my stomach because u look great.. did u need any surgery?
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Gross, right? I know. Me too. I am going to get a tummy tuck when I am all done with the weight loss. You can only do so many crunches and things don't always go back to the shape they were when we were sixteen.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Thought from a guy whose wife had six children and she now has the same issue with stomach............we love our wives. We sure as heck have our warts

Good man! I have one like this. :)
  • mkghbrad
    Options
    I'm the same but as my kids are now 15 & 17 I've pretty much learned to live with it. The irony is it looks better when I'm heavier, all wrinkly & saggy when I weigh close to my goal.

but......I maintain that tanned fat is so much more appealing.... so still wear a bikini, just look for someone fatter & whiter to lie next to on the beach!!!

Every time I look at my boys and think about how much better my life is with them - my saggy stomach is all but forgotten x
  • angash1966
    angash1966 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i don't have any advice but i have always said that if i could get rid of even half of my stomach i would be happy. i am 48 and have 5 children. my last pregnancy was twins i was very large around 200 lbs by the end. i still look 9 months pregnant. need advice to reduce any ideas.
  • mkghbrad
    Options

-take a peek at my before/after pictures in my profile.

twixlepeek - you look amazing!!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Once you get in great shape, reevaluate. If it still bothers you and you are done having kids, save up for surgery. I'm not saying you need it, or that any woman should be told she should do that, but hey, there are stupider ways to spend your money and there's no shame in it if it's what you want.