inches but no pounds??

Options
Does anyone else seem to have the problem of losing inches but not losing enough pounds? For example, I completed my third week of my lifestyle change and have only lost 3 pounds but I can definitely see in the mirror that I look smaller and I feel less bloated in my clothes but the pounds don't really shed. I've always been a largely framed girl. I feel like I shrink in inches and get toned but don't really change too much on the scale. does anyone else have this problem??

Replies

• deflepchik
    Options
    Yes indeedy!! This has happened to me in the past. It's hard to see the number on the scale not move. I try not to be scale-driven and pay attention to the way my clothes are fitting. You got this!
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Same here, and its perfectly fine.... you just have to reposition your mindset to accept the changes in your body and not focus soo much on the scale, that's what I had to do... or else you would get disappointed when the scale doesn't move... and you will eventually give up.... KEEP AT IT :)
  • wshultz14
    wshultz14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    So far, I have pounds but not inches.. Relax It will happen

Good Luck
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Why do you say it's a problem? Usually it's a good thing.
  • katymartino
    katymartino Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I threw my scale away. Seriously. I have been losing inches, but no more weight. I stopped weighing and started documenting with pictures instead. TOTALLY see differences. I'm technically 10 pounds from my goal weight, but I have dropped pants sizes. My doctor told me to stop paying attention to the numbers on the scale, and start paying attention to how I feel and how my clothes fit. It was hard at first, but SOOOOOOOOOO worth it now!!
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Same here, and its perfectly fine.... you just have to reposition your mindset to accept the changes in your body and not focus soo much on the scale, that's what I had to do... or else you would get disappointed when the scale doesn't move... and you will eventually give up.... KEEP AT IT :)

Absolutely this for me! I've now put my scale away because I'd get too discouraged NOT seeing the results on the scale. I gage how well I'm doing by the way my clothes fit, tape measure and the way I look in the mirror.
  • baptistforlife
    Options
    that is me excatly I in fact messured myself this morning so I could keep track of inches. I love how my body is changing but nothing on the scale (boo) I am almost seven weeks in and it is frustrating but it is a life style change and patience is a good thing. So we will keep at it and at some point the scale has to join us right?
  • bren998
    bren998 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have lost more inches than weight, but pictures shows my hard work. :smile:
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Ignore the scale!:

http://fitbuttcurvy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/same-weight-different-body-.jpg

(Sorry, I can't get this to hyperlink! You'll have to copy and paste)
  • becujo
    becujo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I could have written your post! I dropped a pant size but lost 1 lb over a mth. It is hard not to feel like I didn't meet my goal when my new pants tell me otherwise. Such a mixed feeling.
  • Trishsimon
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem no pounds coming off but my clothes feel looser and I feel I look slimmer but then when I see the scales not moving I get very disappointed.
    I've had medical tests done to make sure I am healthy and my blood sugars are perfect, cholesterol perfect, everything perfect and I am still overweight.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Same here. I lost 2 inches from my waist, 1.5 inches from my bust (lol), .5 inches from my hips, and I lost 1 inches from each thigh, this last month. As long as I'm actually shrinking, I don't care what the scale says.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Don't look at this as a problem. For example, in the first year I was here, I lost 50 pounds. In the last two years I have been eating at maintenance and only lost about 2 more pounds but have gone down 3 clothing sizes. Inches are your friend.
  • MichaelVRenner
    MichaelVRenner Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Consider yourself lucky that you are losing inches and toning up that frame. Great going.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Yep... I've only lost 7# but i've lost 4 or 5 inches... atleast 1 jean size. Muscle takes up less room :)
  • stephcbms
    stephcbms Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yes, I didn't lose a pound from August to December but dropped 5 &1/2 inches over all and 2 sizes. I make sure I keep a pair of jeans that I want to fit into and try them on through out the week so I can see my changes. And also every Saturday I tape myself. When I wasn't coming down in pounds , I got discouraged . But after doing these other things it doesn't bother me anymore. Good luck :)
  • GEMMA_2014
    Options
    It happened to me for the first three weeks. I saw my stomach reducing rapidly and my thighs tightening, but lost only 3 lbs.
    Then it just kicked in and I start losing 2 lbs a week without changing what I had done before. I guess our bodies knows when to kick into burn fat mode I am happy now because I am burning away the fat.