135kg to 84kg in 2 years :)

Options
Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd share my story instead of doing an introductory post!
I've always been a big girl. I remember being 90kg at the age of 12.. And it kept going up. My heaviest was 135kg, a bit over 2 years ago now. Anyway, with a lot of hard work, tears, excuses, a few unhealthy habits that I'm still trying to get out of, hence joining this site, I'm now 84kg.
I've always, as long as I can possibly remember, had an overhanging apron of fat and skin on my tummy. And when I got into the 80's I treated myself to a tummy tuck. I know it's a good idea to the goal weight first, but it was so physically unattractive and very restricting, that I just wanted it off. I love running, and it's so disheartening when you're running and you can feel your abdomen bouncing around like unrestrained breasts! Even more disheartening when doing a plank naked and it touches the floor. So keep in mind, I may need to have a revision surgery when I do reach my goal weight, just to tidy it up further, but here are some pics!

Face shot, from 135kg to 90kg in this pic.

ddp4qa.jpg

Body shot, night before surgery a few weeks ago, 89kg, and two weeks later, 84kg. He removed 4kg of skin :)

ra91qq.jpg

I've managed to also run two 10km fun runs in the two years I've been on this mission! The last of which I knocked ten minutes of the time from my first! Now this year, without a huge apron of skin bouncing around, I'm hoping to shave off another ten minutes! I also want to run a marathon before I'm 30!!

Thanks for reading :)

Edited to add: My goal weight is 65kg! I just want to get to the 60s and then maintain it for life, so 65kg is smack bang in he middle, so that will do!!

Replies

• SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    It takes a lot to render me speechless but oh my god...!

Hope you're seriously proud!
  • rebornat45
    rebornat45 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good golly, this is an amazing accomplishment for just 2 years. You look great, and how wonderful it is that you have run 2 10km runs! I can barely run so to me that is awesome!
  • doltonehouse
    doltonehouse Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for taking control and striving towards a better, happier, healthier version of you.
    You have accomplished so much in just two years and you should be seriously proud of yourself.
    Looking forward to seeing where you are another year from now xx
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this. Well done on your success! Good on you for making the decision to empower yourself now.

I have been so lucky that most of my skin has been shrinking as I've lost weight. I needed the perspective your photos gave me today. I hope that I have said it so it sounds as grateful as I mean it to be. (I started at 140kg and at my lowest I got to 71kg).
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, I wouldn't know the face photos were the same person if you didn't tell me.

I wish you much success in your running goals!
  • ssbmacdaddy
    ssbmacdaddy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You are inspirational. Keep up the good work. You obviously have a lot of will power and can do anything you set your mind to. You are awesome.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Pictures like these remind me not to be so proud of my own achievements :wink:
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    If this doesn't inspire those who doubt that they can "make it"...then nothing will help them! Good job and great dedication.
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done, :flowerforyou:
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look absolutely stunning
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Great work!! You should be extremely proud...it takes a lot of work to lose that much weight!! :drinker:
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Be proud of yourself! Keep up the good work!
  • errorist
    errorist Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wow well done to the surgeon, and most of all, well done to you.
  • mrsward2010
    mrsward2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    wow well done! my skin is rather depressing for me at the moment although it is slowly going down it really can hinder exercise xx
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    great
  • StormSparks1994
    StormSparks1994 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations on all your hard work!
  • Necron33
    Options
    The facial shot is absolutely amazing, go on!
  • VictoriousLah
    Options
    I am inspired . Thank you so much for sharing your amazing story. You must be very proud of yourself , I don't know you but I am very proud of you
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Great work, very inspiring ...
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing. Honestly I would not have recognized you as the same person. Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!