New here and need tips for staying motivated

Options
Hey guys! As the title says, I am new to this website and am looking for tips to stick to my diet! Oh and feel free to add me as well!

Replies

• EyeoftheTiger566
    Options
    Oh, and I am 5'6 and 165-ish pounds if that helps
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Best way is usually to have a few friend to help you stay accountable... feel free to add me.
  • LKW59
    LKW59 Posts: 28
    Options
    HI! I've only been here for a week. I love this app. It really helps me to watch my calories and to log my exercising. You can do this! Take the time to get to know your way around here
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    If you really have the "Eye of the Tiger" than you don't need help with motivation. So do you just desire to lose weight, or are you going to do WHATEVER it takes regardless of how many obstacles and setbacks confront you? If it's number 2, then you'll be fine.
    Tape a note of your goal on your bathroom mirror, your visor and your fridge. It will help remind you of what you're trying to achieve.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • noelr56
    noelr56 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Best way is usually to have a few friend to help you stay accountable... feel free to add me.

This has been the most effective for me as well!!
  • danidaggers13
    Options
    I find the best way to stay motivated is remembering why I decided to start eating healthy and exercising regularly. Also, I treat myself to something every month as a way of kinda celebrating the fact that I've been good and stuck to my eating & exercise plan.
  • amberrea82
    amberrea82 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Goals, goals, goals! And not just "the big one". Little ones such as getting your water in every day, upping your cardio time by 5 minutes...it all adds up (or takes off?) and is so much easier on a person mentally. Feel free to add me! :)