Indoor Weight Workout Videos

Options
Here's the scoop: I'm in Colorado, not a native and NOT digging this cold weather that will last until April. The gym is far and frankly, I enjoy my outdoor workouts. So, for now, what are some websites or videos you would suggest I can do to work on trimming and strengthening at home? I have the space, a warm heater and two eight pound dumbbells.

I know there are lots of workouts available to me, but not sure where to find them. Thanks all!

-Spacelump

Replies

• hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like fitnessblender.com . They have a great search function!
  • NoExcusesFitnessCoach
    Options
    I'm in Colorado as well. South Carolina native, but I actually love the snow!

I just completed ChaLEAN Extreme, which is a strength training program and got amazing results. I also plan to do Body Beast in the future. There are definitely plenty of options out there, but these are the ones I have personal experience with.
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options

I'm subscribed to their youtube channel. They have a workout for everything!
  • cmk9191
    cmk9191 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Jillian Micheal 30 day shred or ripped in 30
  • chelbug901
    chelbug901 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I personally do the Lesslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds workout DVD at home. When I started working out again, I just walked around the neighborhood, but I was tired of the cold temperature as well. I purchased it a while ago, for pretty cheap on half.com, like $9 bucks or so....it has 1 mile walks up to 4 mile walks....it's not just walking, you do alot of other low-impact high calorie burn workouts....I have seen a difference in my body and endurance already, and I just started doing the DVD about 2 weeks ago...she makes it super easy and fun, and she gives good tips throughout the workouts. I know there are other great things out there, but this is the one I actually have experience with. The only bad thing about it is that there isn't a workout option on here for any DVD's that I have seen, to where you can see what you have burned by doing them....but on her DVD workout she constantly says that we're burning a ton of calories. So here's to hoping!

Here's a link to the half.com price and info:
    http://product.half.ebay.com/_W0QQprZ74117092
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I love Fitness Blender! Been using their workouts for about 3-4 weeks now - good stuff, great variety.

Also look up Nike Training Club if you've got a smart phone - free app full of over 100 workouts. Good variety there too.
  • Rerun201
    Rerun201 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    This would be a good time to try bodyweight training. Lots of choices, but I do like Mark Lauren's You Are Your Own Gym. He has a few videos on youtube, but if you search for bodyweight training, you'll find a ton.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Kelly Coffey Meyer is my go to for weights.

I like this one: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/kelly-coffeys-30-min-to-fitness-body-shop-6367

Lots of pre-mixes & a cueing only option (you can play your own music)
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

I second this. It's a pretty great site to glean some good ideas from.
    This would be a good time to try bodyweight training. Lots of choices, but I do like Mark Lauren's You Are Your Own Gym. He has a few videos on youtube, but if you search for bodyweight training, you'll find a ton.

Bodyweight training is definitely unique and challenging. It's been my main workout staple for the last 4 months now.
  • swillybay
    swillybay Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love the Kelly Coffey Meyer 30 Minutes to Fitness videos. If you have time constraints, like me, it's a great way to get in a good hard workout in 30 or so minutes. If you have more time, you can do up to an hour on her videos, and there are tons of videos to choose from.
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Doing ChaLean for the second time. I love it. :)
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    In for ideas, and that site looks pretty good. Need to supplement my cycling with some stregnth training and have no desire to be in the gym.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender is good and there are TONS of work out videos on youtube! I subscribe to Lionsgate/Be Fit on youtube. There are quite a few Jillian Michael's work outs, Denise Austin, Zumba... you name it... it's there!
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options

I just completed ChaLEAN Extreme, which is a strength training program and got amazing results. I also plan to do Body Beast in the future. There are definitely plenty of options out there, but these are the ones I have personal experience with.

North Carolina native, myself! What is this ChaLEAN you speak of?
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options

I've done her workouts beforehand they are wonderfully effective. I'm just trying to find it online to save some bucks. Might have to just go get it though. I hear her 39 day shred is intense.
  • TeaBea
    Options

Chalene Johnson - pricey Beach Body set....
  • TeaBea
    Options

I've done her workouts beforehand they are wonderfully effective. I'm just trying to find it online to save some bucks. Might have to just go get it though. I hear her 39 day shred is intense.

30 Day Shred - high impact circuit workout (cardio+weights) ......google YouTube.....it's on there
  • NoExcusesFitnessCoach
    Options

It's a Chalene Johnson program. Got amazing results!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper DVDs - Pure Burn Super Strength, Totally Ripped Core, and Beginner's Weight Loss Transformation (don't let the name fool you - this is soooo not a "beginner" workout)