Superbowl Party ...ugh !

Options
Does anyone have any good recipes I can make to bring to a superbowl party ? I'm already stressing about it cause I know the temptation is going to be very strong. I'd like to bring something like an app or dessert that I can eat.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It's one day of the year. Stress is going to be worse for you than eating something a little calorific.

A fruit platter for dessert? Or a tomato based salsa dip?
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Spinach Artichoke dip

¼ cup grated parmesan

1 cup shredded mozzarella

10 oz fresh spinach leaves (I use Frozen its just more convenient)

1 minced garlic clove ( I use 2 or 3 because I LOVE GARLIC )

8 oz cream cheese

14 oz can artichokes

¼ teaspoon black pepper

In the crockpot for 2 hours. No Mayo you can use part skim mozz, lite cream cheese. I eat it with pita chips. DELICIOUS
  • Rahshanh
    Rahshanh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just reward yourself. Work super hard a couple days before and after. Im just saying for get it and enjoying myself
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Idea 1: Veggie tray with low cal dip. Yummy carrots, celery, peppers, olives & pickles with your choice of low cal dipping sauce.

Idea 2: Fresh fruit platter featuring grapes, cherry tomatoes, berries such as blueberries, & raspberries.

Idea 3: Fresh apples with an accompanying slicer, plus brie cheese or other cheese you like.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Of all the major events to worry about, the super bowl party is the last one. Because superbowl parties traditionally call for a pretty nice array of finger foods and appetizers, it's going to be super easy for you to prepare a few dishes just for yourself that you feel comfortable snacking on, but won't compromise whatever your goals are.

It's going to be hard though to recommend any particular dish not knowing what you like, what your goals are, and how many calories you're planning on doling out for this party. I do think it's never a bad idea in these situations to have a nice selection of fresh fruit, veggies, and dipping sauces.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    stuffed mushrooms - but not the ones filled with cream cheese. while very tasty, those are not the healthiest. There are any number of recipes that have any number of different stuffings - from just mushroom caps, onion and breadcrumbs all the way through crab and sausage.

naked chicken tenders
  • AMC1439
    AMC1439 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh I like this recipe... thank you :smile:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Hummus & veggies - baby carrots, sugar snap peas, red/yellow/orange bell pepper strips. Colorful, tasty, crunchy and easy!
  • obmckenzie
    obmckenzie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm bringing Bacon Wrapper Beef dogs to ours, along with a cheese platter (but won't eat the crackers). Might bring some Guac as well, not sure.

I'm hungry thinking about it now!