slow and steady wins the race

Options
Hello! Having lost and gained many times in my life I have decided that this year I just want to take things slowly because small changes seem to stick better in the long run. My goal for January was not a specific weight loss goal (although I do have those too). My goal was to track as accurately as possible every single day even if I flubbed up and ate something ridiculous for breakfast that wiped a majority of my days calories. I also focused on doing workouts regularly even if I could only squeeze in 20 minutes. The results are in and I am pleased to report that I lost a total of 7 pounds in January which translated into 1 1/4 inches from my bust, 1/2 inch from my midriff, 1 1/4 inches from my waist, 1 3/4 inches from my hips, 3/4 inches from each thigh, 1/4 inch from my calf and this one is a little neurotic but I'm a pear shape so I carry weight on my bottom half and feel that even my knees get chubby so I measured there too AND I lost 1 1/2 inches from around my knee. My next mini weight loss goal is 6 pounds away so I going to work on hitting that by the end of February.

Replies

• jessizona80
    jessizona80 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Well done!! I agree, slow and steady is the way to go!
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My first goal is to log everything every day. I have a calorie goal, too. Right now, no weighing, no measuring.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Great work! And an excellent idea to take measurements as well as just weigh.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Grats! It's great to be honest with yourself, and with whoever else is viewing your food diary. XD

Keep up the great work!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Well Done doing the right & healthy way is the way to go :)
  • zimazoom
    zimazoom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey Sarah!! OMG we have a lot in common...
    Pear shape here too I started over again in Jan. not dieting....I don't believe in that but I committed to focus and regroup and start again and I have. This time around it feels a little different...like it just might stick this time.
    I am limiting my calories to 1250 - that leaves a little wiggle room for a mistake every now and then.
    I am doing a mile every morning and then weights that focus on one target area.
    I am down 8 lbs so far.
    I started at 205 and today I am at 197 (onederland!!)

I'm not doing anything crazy. I'm not limiting myself from anything...just everything in moderation.
    A healthy lifestyle is a happy life.

Keep up the great work!!!
    Congrats!!
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Sarah! You are doing a great job and you will reach your goals because you are a FIGHTER :smile: Keep up the great work!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    That's great - I like your strategy of staying accountable. Congrats!
  • Sarahkov12
    Sarahkov12 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You will get there and I will be here to cheer you on! :)
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Great job! Another pear person here. I look forward to a small waist again, will always have a butt.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!