FITBIT??

Options
Hello,

Can anyone tell me if I am wrong for tracking my exercise since I'm wearing a fitbit? I'm so confused. I did a 3 mile walk today and tracked it, but I think I am incorrectly adding on more calories.

Thanks!!

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    No need to log walking. The fitbit will do that for you.
  • Beautyinme2014
    Options
    Thank you. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't cheating :)
  • weaverac1
    Options
    I have the fitbit and the only time I log my exercise is when I go to the gym. Lifting weights and riding the bike don't count if I don't do it this way and it always seems to wipe out the fitbit info on My Fitness Pal so I am never doubling up which is nice.
  • laney4818
    laney4818 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting a FITBIT, so I have a clarification question. Are you sayin you don't have to log it if you have your FITBIT synced to MyFitnessPal? In other words, if they are not linked together you would log it?
  • weaverac1
    Options
    Yes you would sync them together and when you walk it transfers your steps to My Fitness Pal. I love my Fitbit One and have had it now for over a year. I have found though when I go to the gym I have to log everything on MFP because it doesn't know that I did hills on the treadmill or rode the bike for 25 minutes, but on the days I don't go to the gym it counts ever step I take, every flight of stairs, and I use it to log my sleep as well.
  • SRDB00
    SRDB00 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Can anyone tell me if I am wrong for tracking my exercise since I'm wearing a fitbit? I'm so confused. I did a 3 mile walk today and tracked it, but I think I am incorrectly adding on more calories.

Thanks!!

I have the fitbit and MFP linked. I also have negative calorie marked in my settings. This way there is not a double calorie count. I log my calories but I noticed that my calories adjust itself. For example I might log 400 calories on MFP but my fitbit may say 300 so the adjustment would be 100 calories. It will log the 300 from my fitbit as exercise calories. This way if I choose to eat my exercise calories back I am not 400 calories burned but the 300 which was officially logged as calories burned from the fitbit.

I log everything on MFP except my sleep which I log on Fitbit. MFP transfers the info to Fitbit.