Alcholic Drinks when dieting

Options
What alcoholic drinks (beers, wine, margaritas...etc...) do you recommend to drink on a night out when trying to keep your diet?

Replies

• ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Some people prefer low cal drinks like (vodka and water)

My preference is beer. I make it fit since I love to drink beer and I am not a fan of low cal drinks.
  • DaWayne360
    DaWayne360 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Drink what you like. Just alow for it in your total calories for the day. Last night I ran in and burned 250 calories on the eliptical so I could have a 170 calorie beer.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    As long as you can fit it in to your calories and hit your macronutrients (protein, fat, carbs), there is no particular recommendation, you can just have what you like.

However, to get the most "bang for your buck" drinking wine, beer, or liquor mixed with diet mixers (all would average between 100 and 200 calories in most cases) would work better than ordering a drink made with a lot of fruit juice, where a single drink can be upwards of 400 calories.
  • SwedishMel
    SwedishMel Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I agree with counting it with your daily allowed calories, or just working out extra so you can have it. But it's a little difficult since you don't know how many calories are in each drink at the bar. Avoid any drinks with cream in it...those are all bad. Also, cranberry cocktail is very high in sugar...so skip that as a mixer. Hard liquor mixed with a diet soda is fine, or a light beer. :wink: And have fun!:drinker: