exercice with 3 kids!!

Options
I don't know if i'm the only mother who get hard time to find time for exerce! I wake up mornig with the intention to move but a look time past and between breasfeeding, crafting and wipe the little nose of the midle one i realise than the sun is sleeping and i feel for that too!! I know i have too take time because anybody gone a take it for me, i do feel better when i exercice . I try walk on my threadmill on the after noon res,t but there always one who wake up after 10 min walking!! The only moment i'm able to make it is when my usben is there and the kids sleep, that meen after 8pm, and at this time i'm less energie...well i should stop writhing and go walk...

Replies

• VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    I have 7 kids so I get it! Only one is home during the day but he doesn't play alone well. But there are things you can do with the kids. There is yoga for children. Hula hoops help you and is fun for them. Head shoulders knees and toes is a fun game. So is tag. You can use the little kid as a weight. Use him/her by lifting up and down or lie on your bag and but them on your legs and do leg lifts with her. Jumping jacks entertain kids. Danging with them. Get creative and have fun. My youngest is 4 and he does my step with me and dances with me. We also play Wii and Kinect. Take the kids for strolls around the neighborhood. Be a little more vigorous with your cleaning to burn off calories. have the kids help you rake the yard.

Just get creative and you can find something.
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    oh how i feel you!!!! i have 4 and 3 are home all day. i exercise every. single. night. after dinner. it is the only time i can. i leave them with my husband and go for a run or do a circuit training video. once you get into the routine it becomes easier.
  • storybookcreator
    Options
    the good thing for you is that breastfeeding BURNS calories. I found that I lost all of my pregnancy weight while breastfeeding for the first 13 months and once that stopped the lbs started adding up b/c I wasn't doing any exercise and still eating the same amount of food.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Hey hunny!

First off, you are gorgeous! And your baby? Oh my word! Too precious for words! I only have one child and I know how frustrating it can be to try and workout with him around. I can't imagine what it would be like with three. I have several friends with 4 or 5 kids and my jaw just drops. You are just a saint!

Do you have access to a wii at all? Or own one? If you do you just have to get Netflix. That has been my go to workout routine. It streams directly to the wii and there are so many workout dvds available instantly! My go to DVD's in the past have been the 10 minute solution dvds. I can pop those bad boys in ten minute be sweating! I can do just ten minutes or add another couple of workouts on to make it thirty minutes. Those are available on netflix, at walmart, or on amazon. My favorite are Kickboxing, yoga and carb burning. AMAZING!

One last thing, this part of your life doesn't last forever. You will only have that tiny baby for such a short period. :o) Enjoy your little treasures. When you have your brief moments of mommy time, try to get one of your dvds and pop them in for a workout. Otherwise count those calories and kiss your babies! :o)

God bless you hunny!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I've got two little ones and I'm a stay at home mom. My daughter is 2 and my son is 7 months. It is absolutely impossible for me to exercise at home. I have a Wii Fit that I absolutely love but my daughter wants to play it too and my son is always needing attention at the wrong moments. So my husband got me a gym membership. I go 5 days a week for one hour. It's the only time I get to myself and I absolutely love it, it's the only way I can work out. Most gyms are fairly inexpensive and a lot have child care facilities so you can bring your kids with you.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I've got two little ones and I'm a stay at home mom. My daughter is 2 and my son is 7 months. It is absolutely impossible for me to exercise at home. I have a Wii Fit that I absolutely love but my daughter wants to play it too and my son is always needing attention at the wrong moments. So my husband got me a gym membership. I go 5 days a week for one hour. It's the only time I get to myself and I absolutely love it, it's the only way I can work out. Most gyms are fairly inexpensive and a lot have child care facilities so you can bring your kids with you.

I just joined the gym this month. It has absolutely been the best present I could have ever given myself. If this is possible for you to do: Do it! I know up until this point it wasn't possible and I stuck with my DVD's that I mentioned above...but man alive. It has been live changing. Doing something like this for yourself is amazing. But making time for yourself PERIOD is an amazing gift to give yourself and you deserve it hunny! :o) Don't let other things get in the way of devoting time to yourself and making you feel like a million bucks again! :o)
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Girl, I am right there with you! Three kids (4, 2, and 3 months)..still breastfeeding and one of them always needs something! For now I am focusing on eating better...my husband has crazy hours and will be deploying soon, so I truly have no time to myself for exercise.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I have three kids as well...6,3, and my youngest just turned one! (He is still breastfeeding, just not nearly as much as your little one!) I began my vigorous routine when my baby was just a month. I had an easy delivery and began working out 2 weeks after he was born. Just walking on my treadmill until I was fully healed. Then I started P90x. Since I have 3 kids and we have a single income family, I cannot afford to go to the gym. Our cheapest membership here is at the Y for $45 a month...and we have a tight budget!!! If you can afford a membership, then I say go for it! If not, you just have to try, try, try to get in a workout right before the kids wake up or right after they wake up. When my son was just a few months old, I would do my routine while he was happy and awake in his bouncer. Now I have to wait until he goes down for a nap and I can sit my 3 year old down in front of Max and Ruby with an apple and a sippy cup!! Exercise is HARD to fit in, but well worth it!! And CONGRATS to all the bf'ing moms on here. BEST decision you can make for your baby!! :heart:
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    I completely understand!! I have 4 children, and I homeschool 2 of them, and it is hard to fit exercise in to our daily routine, but I now make time for it. Breastfeeding is the best thing you can do for your baby, so hats off to you for making such a healthy decision. It also burns more calories, and lowers your chance of developing certain cancers. I hate to admit it, but I waited until I was done nursing my son, to start an exercise routine. I wish I had started earlier, like when the first one was born, but I didn't and now I am overweight and paying for it. I have Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home DVDs. and just love them!!! It's also something the kids can do. It's walking in place, sidesteps, kicks, and knee lifts. My kids love to workout with me!! Another bonus is it's 15 min. to do 1 mile, so if I need to split my exercise routine up, I can do it a couple of times a day. So, if I take a 15 min break from being mom, it's ok. I'm still here, and can meet their needs, I'll set the baby (he's 1 in the highchair with a sippy cup), the three and five yr old can color, and the 9 yr old can finish her school work. 15 mins, and I've gotten some exercise in. If they want they can joining me, I enjoy that. Find a routine that you can do for 10 to 15 mins, several times a day. You won't notice it, you just have to take time for it. Good luck finding something that works for you!! I also, found that by exercising I now, don't mind getting up before they do:)