If you REALLY like blue cheese...

Options
... you HAVE to try the new Laughing Cow blue cheese flavor!

It's SO good- and still only 35 calories a wedge :love:

Replies

• Denita
    Denita Posts: 28
    Options
    I would love to try it! For some reason I'm having a hard time finding it.
  • daylilies
    Options
    You know what, I can't find it anywhere! I've seen the plain, and the garlic and herb. But I know there's the blue cheese, and some kind of chipotle one, and I have tried Target and Stop and Shop. Where do you get yours?
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    I wonder if Trader Joes has it? They are really good about ordering things if they are suggested, I might try that!! Thanks for the heads up, it sounds really yummy!
  • bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    Options
    Yummmm.....going to have to look for that! Thanks:flowerforyou:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    It is delicious and both my Trader Joe's and Target food area has the blue cheese kind.
  • mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I know what I'm asking Santa for this Christmas! :laugh:
  • jenna_watsonator
    jenna_watsonator Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    omg that sounds amazing!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    You know what, I can't find it anywhere! I've seen the plain, and the garlic and herb. But I know there's the blue cheese, and some kind of chipotle one, and I have tried Target and Stop and Shop. Where do you get yours?

I got mine from Stop and Shop- they had all the original flavors, and 2 new ones- blue cheese and the chipolte. I think there is 1 more new one, too... but I didn't see it there.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    the other new one is mozzarella. I canot find the new ones at my Ralph's, gonna try Vons tomorrow! So excited to hear the blue is good :heart: :heart: :heart: :love:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, how much does your local grocery store sell it for? Mine (Hawaii) had it priced at 4.99 today. I wanted it but wouldn't fork over the cash. Is that comparable to what you're paying?
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with just regular bleu cheese?
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    Out of curiosity, how much does your local grocery store sell it for? Mine (Hawaii) had it priced at 4.99 today. I wanted it but wouldn't fork over the cash. Is that comparable to what you're paying?

I think it was 2 for $5 if I remember correctly.
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    what's wrong with just regular bleu cheese?

Nothing at all- it's just much higher in calories and fat content.
  • kayemme
    Options
    yah, it's lower in fat, but it's also primarily cheddar cheese... ;)

i compared nutrition labels. first, the serving size is 25% less than regular (21g vs 28g).

regular blue cheese has half the carbohydrates and twice the calcium as well as twice the vitamin a and a couple other nutrients that may benefit.

i'm not necessarily suggesting to <i>not</i> eat the "lite" cheese food, just sayin' it's maybe not as beneficial all around as regular cheeses.

i love the littlle wax encased ones, but never buy them because they're just too expensive.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

On my shopping list, thanks!!!
  • daylilies
    Options
    I'll have to check again, I always check Stop and Shop and Target and even BJ's. Target is really lacking in the food department though LOL
    Maybe Shaw's would have it.
  • kayemme
    Options
    I'll have to check again, I always check Stop and Shop and Target and even BJ's. Target is really lacking in the food department though LOL
    Maybe Shaw's would have it.

re: target - no doubt!! i once was there for some other reason and thought to look for a can of tomatoes. the kid in the "grocery department" pointed me to tomato soup. i said "these aren't tomatoes, this is soup."

at that point, i realized that too many americans are truly disconnected from food. i couldn't find any single-item cans of anything. since then i've stopped buying cans, but that's my preference. i'm not pushing that on any of you (i just don't care for all the sodium and other stabilizers, plus it's way cheaper to buy dry beans or store my tomatoes from the garden)

i do remember leaving target and thinking "i dont' know if i ever want to shop here again for anything, but certainly not for food, since they don't really have any..." :/
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    yah, it's lower in fat, but it's also primarily cheddar cheese... ;)

i compared nutrition labels. first, the serving size is 25% less than regular (21g vs 28g).

regular blue cheese has half the carbohydrates and twice the calcium as well as twice the vitamin a and a couple other nutrients that may benefit.

i'm not necessarily suggesting to <i>not</i> eat the "lite" cheese food, just sayin' it's maybe not as beneficial all around as regular cheeses.

i love the littlle wax encased ones, but never buy them because they're just too expensive.

Well, to each's own. Just offering it up as a suggestion for those that were interested- if you are not- that's fine. I'm not pushing it on anyone. Just sharing my opinion, that's all. Deciding which food is most "beneficial" means different things to different people- everyone pays attention to different nutrients.
  • kayemme
    Options
    oh, of course... i wasn't intending to preach on it, just sayin that things that are "light" are sometimes misleading is all. i'm glad you like it. for me, i'd rather have the full nutrition. i think what sometimes happens to people on "diets" myself included, is we don't look at the whole picture.

buy what you like - nobody's stoppin ya! :)
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options

I love the Luaghing Cow products and can't wait to try this one. :smile: