I need snack ideas?!?

Options
I'm used to snacking during the day at work--it gets me through my day. But, now that I'm trying to keep my calories down and my protein very high--I need good some new snacks in my life. Any ideas would be great! Thanks! :)

Replies

• SS_86
    SS_86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The old standby of hummus and vegetables? Cherry tomatoes, mini cucumbers, cauliflower, peppers sliced up. I'm a big snacker at work too and I tend to rely on those go-to veggies and sometimes sunflower seeds (already shelled) because they are tiny and take time to get through a serving of. Also, I've just been drinking tea like crazy! I'd rather have a small lunch and just continuously graze all day so Im bringing a lot of baggies of vegetables. You can do cut up fruits too.

For protein, tuna perhaps? Can you make some high protein muffins or version of a pancake to carry with you? Chicken breast portioned out as a snack at interval hours? Some cheese?

Hope you find something :)
  • kate0222
    Options
    I do the veggies and hummus..it's pretty good. I have seemed to forget about tuna! Also, I'v just recently become interested in the "protein" muffins and pancakes, etc. so maybe I'll check out some recipes on here for them. thanks for the ideas!!
  • page8040
    page8040 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    beef jerky (homemade), greek yogurt, almond butter on celery with raisins, nuts, hard boiled eggs, taco bell steak fresco soft taco (guilty) lol
  • kate0222
    Options
    Great idea guys...thanks so much!! quick question--alcohol sugars? Is this just the sugar amount in the bars?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Sliced apples dipped in peanut or almond butter! Or a cheese stick with apples - also tasty. Raw almonds or other nuts make a good snack, too.
  • vt78che
    vt78che Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I will often have nuts and dried fruits, as well as baby carrots to munch on during the day. The key for me was to weigh out a portion that fit into my diet and take that amount in a baggie. I found I would pace myself through the day based on what I had and I avoided the temptation to gobble the whole container! Frigo lite string cheese works well, too.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    The old standby of hummus and vegetables? Cherry tomatoes, mini cucumbers, cauliflower, peppers sliced up. I'm a big snacker at work too and I tend to rely on those go-to veggies and sometimes sunflower seeds (already shelled) because they are tiny and take time to get through a serving of. Also, I've just been drinking tea like crazy! I'd rather have a small lunch and just continuously graze all day so Im bringing a lot of baggies of vegetables. You can do cut up fruits too.

For protein, tuna perhaps? Can you make some high protein muffins or version of a pancake to carry with you? Chicken breast portioned out as a snack at interval hours? Some cheese?

Hope you find something :)

Please don't eat tuna at work at your desk :-)
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is great (plain). I cut up a banana, sprinkle a few walnut pieces and some cinnamon. The yogurt is so creamy. The yogurt is also good with apples.
  • Hobb3s
    Hobb3s Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    roogebrood, almonds and raisins, popcorn.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    roasted chickpeas
  • kate0222
    Options
    thanks everyone! I went to the store over the weekend and got a bunch of new yummy things.