Can I get a "way to go!"?

Options
I don't get any support from my husband and I don't flaunt my efforts to those who know me such as coworkers etc. But I went to my doc today and have lost 16 pounds since mid November! I'm proud of myself and determined that if I don't get any support at home, which is where I should be getting it...I'll continue on without a word said to him and prove that I can do this. I just wish I had a man who would support my efforts. :cry:

Replies

• bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Heck yes, you can get a "way to go!"

What's up with your husband being so unsupportive?
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    WTG well done great loss.

I have read something like this ...

lose 20Lbs you notice

lose 30lbs family notice

lose 40lbs everyone notices

My OH only responds with "your getting there"
    I dont know where there for him is, but i may not be in the same place as him when i get where I'm going.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mvwhudQBu91skbydco1_500.gif
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    That's awesome progress :)
  • amm8589
    amm8589 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the great work!
  • FiftyandGettingBetter
    Options
    That IS awesome. Way to go. Keep it going. Sorry you don't get the support you want and need from home. Trust me, I know what you're going through. I don't get much support from my wife either. We will be watching for more great news and great strides.
    Do NOT give up!! You've got this!!! We're here for you. :happy:
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! That's so nice of you! I will keep this going to prove to him that I can do this. Maybe after 30lbs he will notice.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! That's so nice of you! I will keep this going to prove to him that I can do this. Maybe after 30lbs he will notice.

Way to Go! You are doing this for yourself and men are clueless. Be happy with your progress and keep on going! Great work!
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!! You deserve it. Dont focus on what he doesnt say to you....i am sure he is noticing. I went thru this myself. I still go thru it at times. Now i am so proud of myself i dont need anyone else to tell me way to go and you wont either. You will realize you dont need the validation from anyone.

Keep doing what you are doing and take care of yourself....the rest will come believe me.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    Nice job! Did your doc give you props for progress?

As far as the hubby goes for me I tell him when I lose weight and then I tell him how I expect him to respond. It has gotten to the point that I no longer have to tell him the reaction I expect.

He doesn't get screamed at for the wrong reaction and I get the positive feed back I want!

Win win!:drinker:
  • growtinymuscles
    growtinymuscles Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    GREAT FREAKING JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember, although getting support at home should be a given, you have started this journey for you...NOT HIM! That being said, continue to kick *kitten* and enjoy the ride!