GAS!!!

Options
MizTerry
MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
What is your favorite gas station that gives you the best bang for your buck? Exxon? BP? Kangaroo?

Replies

• WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I read "gas" and "bangin" and thought EWWWWW
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Chevron. The no credit card at the pump policy at some stations is not worth the price reduction.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I dig the Quik Trips they have here... not sure whose gasoline they use... but it's well lit and clean and usually one of the cheapest (but not seemingly watered down like Walmart/Sam's Club).
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Costco is usually cheapest, even factoring in the cost of membership (assuming we only buy gas there, which is not true)
  • hellamark
    hellamark Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    We have a terminal here where I live. A terminal is where the pipe ends and you see all those large above ground round tanks. All gas comes in on one pipe (diesel too but it gets flushed first). They throw a switch and some goes to Shell, then Exxon etc.... They can add aftermarket additives then it goes out on the semis. After I toured the place (as a firefighter that will have to respond there if there is an incident) I quit being loyal to one brand. My dad always told me though to not fuel up when a truck is emptying more fuel there as in a delivery because the sediment at the bottom of the underground storage tanks gets stirred up and can end up in your vehicle. I doubt that is true but try to still follow his advice in his memory.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I seem to get better mileage with Exxon. I was never a brand snob, but that brand seems to go a bit further.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Costco is usually cheapest, even factoring in the cost of membership (assuming we only buy gas there, which is not true)

Costco's in urban California have like a 12 car wait per pump :/
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I seem to get better mileage with Exxon. I was never a brand snob, but that brand seems to go a bit further.

Agree Exxon gave me the best gas mileage but when they jumped their price by 7 cents more than the competition, it wasn't worth it anymore
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I syphon gas from cars at shopping malls. Go through a lot of breath mints, but it’s worth it.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I syphon gas from cars at shopping malls. Go through a lot of breath mints, but it’s worth it.

This explains a lot :grumble:
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Sheetz!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    Cumberland Farms.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    RaceTrac and 7-Eleven relatively cheap gas, plus awesome bananas.