My Snack Dilemma......which would you choose>

Options
With a 100 snack allowance, I had a choice between a 100 calorie bag of cinnamon almonds and a 90 calorie Fiber One Brownie Bar.

Whist sorely tempted by the brownie, I opted for the almonds and boy am I glad. 10 minutes later and I am still here munching on them. The brownie would have been gone in 10 seconds!

Which would you have chosen?

Replies

• mindiv
    mindiv Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Gotta say the brownie. :) I'm a chocolate addict. And there's fiber....right?
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I was sooooo tempted, but I am really trying hard to re-educate my eating habits rather than finding lower calorie alternatives for the junk I used to eat.

Some days it just has to the the brownie though!

My will power & perseverance have held out for the whole month. I have a bar of my favorite chocolate my family sent at Christmas from England and it's still sitting there 1 month later. I know it's there and I have been tempted a few times, but I am holding out.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Would depend on my mood - probably the brownie :blushing:
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I would go for a walk and have them both!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    With a 100 snack allowance, I had a choice between a 100 calorie bag of cinnamon almonds and a 90 calorie Fiber One Brownie Bar.

Whist sorely tempted by the brownie, I opted for the almonds and boy am I glad. 10 minutes later and I am still here munching on them. The brownie would have been gone in 10 seconds!

Which would you have chosen?

The truth? I'd have started with the brownie, which would have set off a craving, and I'd have tried to quell the craving with the almonds... but that wouldn't work, so I'd go in search of more chocolate. :blushing:
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Probably the almonds. The brownie would probably make my blood sugar spike and then bottom out, leaving me hungrier than before. It's not so much about the calories, it's about what makes up those calories.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Ordinarily I'd have chosen the almonds, but I dislike cinnamon even more than I (usually) dislike chocolate. :P
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Depends how hungry I was. I'm not fond of almonds that much though. I would have eaten the brownie or probably something else.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm I love those brownies!
  • watercolormama
    watercolormama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If I was feeling serious about making good choices, I would opt for the almonds because it is not a processed food and keeps the 'burner going', without spiking the blood sugar. Seems like any packaged/boxed food that is sweet, irregardless of the sweetener, just gets the craving going again and that's not what I want. I don't know what those brownies are made of, but I like to avoid fake stuff. If I was really craving a brownie, I would eat a brownie with real sugar and real chocolate and savor every bit.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I love almonds so that would be my choice :)
  • amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    Options
    brownie
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    Options

What a fantastic idea, and that's exactly what I did! I went back on the treadmill for an extra 15 mins (100 cals) while dinner was cooking so I could have the brownie for dessert. LMAO!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Chocolate trumps almonds every time.
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options

THIS!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I'll raise your 'walk' with a 'weights sesion' and eating a full 950ml tub of chocolate brownie icecream.
    (Yes, I was still in my calorie/macro target and got plenty of varied micronutrients from other sources :).