someone stop me...

Options
uurrrg... so i've already done my workout this morning... about an hour and a half at the gym

but I'm sooo stress right now... I'm moving tomorrow... and my sister and her bf just backed out because she got a job interview (great for her... bad for me... i know i'm just being selfish)... my bf can't come cuz he's working... so its just me and one of my friends... i don't know how i'm going to do it all...

on top of moving, next week is finals week for me... i have 2 finals and a 12 page paper due next week... i finished one final, half way done with the other ... and only 2 pages into my paper... taking 3 classes is kicking my summer butt..

i need to finish packing so all i have to do tomorrow is load up and unload my dad's van that I borrowed...

but for now... i'm still stressed .. and all i want to do is make Mac and Cheese ... and eat lunch... but i know i shouldn't be eating mac and cheese.. cuz i can eat the whole box if i make it.. oh man... what am i gonna do with myself.. (i'm going to target to get more tubs... i'm hoping someone can talk me out of making mac and cheese by the time i get back...)

ok.. sorry just needed to vent...

Replies

• funo145
    funo145 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    uurrrg... so i've already done my workout this morning... about an hour and a half at the gym

but I'm sooo stress right now... I'm moving tomorrow... and my sister and her bf just backed out because she got a job interview (great for her... bad for me... i know i'm just being selfish)... my bf can't come cuz he's working... so its just me and one of my friends... i don't know how i'm going to do it all...

on top of moving, next week is finals week for me... i have 2 finals and a 12 page paper due next week... i finished one final, half way done with the other ... and only 2 pages into my paper... taking 3 classes is kicking my summer butt..

i need to finish packing so all i have to do tomorrow is load up and unload my dad's van that I borrowed...

but for now... i'm still stressed .. and all i want to do is make Mac and Cheese ... and eat lunch... but i know i shouldn't be eating mac and cheese.. cuz i can eat the whole box if i make it.. oh man... what am i gonna do with myself.. (i'm going to target to get more tubs... i'm hoping someone can talk me out of making mac and cheese by the time i get back...)

ok.. sorry just needed to vent...
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Stress sucks, moving is awful but life throws curve balls at us everyday. You need to focus on what is going to be great about this move and make sure that when you pack to put the things you know you will need before finals in certain boxes and get those unpacked first, the rest can wait!

If you decide to have your mac & cheese, this is a simple fix, go ahead and make it, put one serving in your bowl and immediately throw the rest away! Unless you are willing to dig in the garbage for a few extra bites of m&c you will get a bit of your craving and not feel bad after...Good luck with the move, plan it out so you have all your essentials readily available and then take a giant breathe and go with the flow. :flowerforyou:
  • BLammi
    BLammi Posts: 34
    Options
    Don't do it!!!!!

The 'competition' weigh in is on Monday . . . . eating a box of KD will throw you off track and it will be that much easier to 'cheat' for the weekend if you give in now.

Think about how great you will feel if you choose not to eat it . . . the next time your tempted will be that much easier.

When things get stressful, it's sooooo easy to eat our way through. I know that's what I do. Breaking a habit is hard, but you can do it, otherwise you wouldn't have already lost what you have.

Why not 'indulge' in something that fits into your calories for the day?

Don't do it!!!!!
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Go buy youself a SmartOnes Mac'n'cheese. You'll fulfill the craving without overdoing your calories.

Then for dessert grab a popsicle or Skinny Cow Skinny Dipper ... only 80 cals and wow those things are yummy!
  • trjrobertson
    Options
    Sounds like you've got a good workout coming up tommorrow!! Add up how many calories of the macaroni and cheese you want to eat today BEFORE YOU EAT / FIX IT and see if it'll jeopardize your workout this morning. Then adjust your serving size accordingly and allow yourself a little mac and cheese heaven before the big day tommorrow. You don't have to totally deny yourself but moderation is the key. Hint: Save some of that mac and cheese for tomorrow as a reward for after that good moving workout you're going to get.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I don't blame you for being totally stressed, WHO WOULDN'T be with all you've got going on right now?!
    I guess all I can say is that you DON'T want to undo what you've already lost. Sooooooo, instead of that mac and cheese, drink lots of water and have a Fiber One bar, salad, fruit, or anything else that's ALOT better for you than that mac and cheese would be!!!
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    say no to the cheese and its evil power!
    unless you plan on eating the recommended serving, in which case

enjoy the tasty cheesy scrumptiousness

( I too have fallen victim to mac and cheese, its my favorite meal ever )
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Oh, rough day, rough week. I wish I could help you pack.

Here's what helps me for what it's worth.
    Turn off the brain and turn on the timer. For 45 minutes you are going to pack like a robot even if you don't feel like it. Then rest 15. Then work on your paper for 30 minutes. Rinse, repeat. Music? Sometimes a good song can help you get a rhythm to getting stuff done too.
  • funo145
    Options
    thanks for the support everyone.. i got home a little while ago.. and the first thing i did was drop the bins and come to my comp.. i knew someone would try and talk me out of it .. and i'm very very very thankful everyone did... because i knew i would have to post and say i didn't fall into temptation...

for lunch i'm going to have a tuna sandwhich, without the mayo.... and some grapes.... for dinner later... i might stop by the store and grab a smartones mac and cheese after class tonite... this will help me not eat soooo much of it..

BLammi... thanks for being here and mentioning the 'competition'.... i hope this is worth it monday morning for weigh in...

and Thanks for all the suggestions everyone :flowerforyou: and making me feel less crazy for having mac and cheese cravings (heheheh)
  • funo145
    Options
    Oh, rough day, rough week. I wish I could help you pack.

Here's what helps me for what it's worth.
    Turn off the brain and turn on the timer. For 45 minutes you are going to pack like a robot even if you don't feel like it. Then rest 15. Then work on your paper for 30 minutes. Rinse, repeat. Music? Sometimes a good song can help you get a rhythm to getting stuff done too.

i think i might have to try this... :)