You made the right choice!

Options
Hi everyone!

I have been on MFP for a few months now, but only recently got serious about it. I have a LOT to lose....well over 100 pounds to be where I want to be. Today marked 20 pounds of weight loss, and for me that is a BIG DEAL as I haven't been able to really commit to my weight loss before. I know deep down that this is my time as my entire mentality has *finally* changed.

I know this is the usual first stop for someone new to this site. I wanted to let you all know that you made the right choice by signing up on here, and that I am so proud of you for taking the first step! I also want you to know how many people you will have rooting for you........really truly 100% on your side. I never knew that so many "strangers" could really care about whether or not I lost weight, but I have found some really great and invaluable people on here that encourage me daily.

Weight loss is definitely a process, and can be so frustrating sometimes. There are great days, good days, so-so days, not-so-good days, and TERRIBLE days. Hell, there can even be terrible weekends, or weeks, or months.....and that's okay too! As long as the time comes when you realize you aren't making the best eating choices, and make it a point to pick yourself up, wipe the crumbs off of your face (LOL!) and get back on track. And one thing I have struggled with is to NOT beat yourself up over it. One of my MFP friends really hit home when he told me that "as long as you have more good days than bad, you are doing pretty good!" Try to keep that in mind! :)

I need all the support I can get, and I love following and encouraging the journey of others, so please feel free to add me. Remember that you didn't gain the weight overnight and you aren't going to lose the weight overnight, but it will happen. YOU ARE WORTH IT!! :)

Have a great day!

Lisa

Replies

• cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this, it is nice to hear that you know it is the right choice, I'm new here (10 days) and I do find it very helpful so far and I really think it helps to know you are not alone. I mean your family/friends often are all supportive of you for a week...then they don't want to hear about it any more.

So again thank you for what you wrote here, it is very encouraging!
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just started a week ago and I'm in it for the long haul also. Sending a friend request.
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Great job on 20 pounds, that is fantastic.

I totally agree with you that MFP is awesome and life changing. The people I have read about and become friends with on MFP are an inspiration and very helpful in committing to this. My family thinks I'm ridiculous logging in everything I eat but I don't' care it is what I have to do. I definitely get the support I need on here.
  • Spacegirlley
    Spacegirlley Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great post Lisa! We all need encouragement and support, and MFP is a fantastic place to get that. I've come back here again to try again, last time I didn't do the whole friend thing. This time I am and am finding it so much better with all the support and encouragement.

Congrats on your 20 pound loss!

I've sent a friend request to you and anyone else can feel free to add me as well. :smile: