Is it possible to burn through so much fuel...

Options
kewkdb
kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
that you could go multiple days without pooping? I'm on 4 days with no poop atm and ran 28mi last week 8.5 tonight.

Replies

• JWebster7777
    Options
    That's just not right! BTW I have great poops everyday!
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough fiber and water? There will always be waste, our bodies aren't that efficient.
  • JWebster7777
    Options
    That explains the 6 pound loss, the rest is sittin in your colon waitin to come out! lol
  • JaneZv
    JaneZv Posts: 200
    Options
    That explains the 6 pound loss, the rest is sittin in your colon waitin to come out! lol

LOL!! :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • kewkdb
    Options
    That's just not right! BTW I have great poops everyday!

I'm definitely getting enough water. Fiber I have no idea.

Well played ;D
  • Amerann
    Options
    Drink a cup of Luci Le Beau's Super Dieters Tea every day or a couple times a week-it comes in different flavors-add just a tiny bit sweetner and drink it real hot (that's the only way it's tolerable lol). It'll "keep you regular"
  • JWebster7777
    Options
    Just grab some oatmeal tomorrow or a fiber one bar, you will be fine. plus drink more water - no crystal light doesn't always count
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    prunes work wonders, as do other dried fruits like raisins, figs, dates, etc. if you cant choke any of that down, get some prune juice.
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    eat some prunes!!! that always does the trick for me :blushing:
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Just grab some oatmeal tomorrow or a fiber one bar, you will be fine. plus drink more water - no crystal light doesn't always count

idk man haha i eat 1 to 3 fiber bars a day and ive had the same problem as him i drink tons of water also nothing wow embarrassing subject to talk about..:laugh:
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Jweb is hilarious. But yeah I've realized a decrease in the volume of my number 2's if not the frequency. How different is this from your norm? If you normally go everyday or multiple times a day and suddenly not at all, then you're probably suffering some kind of nutritional imbalance (and it is probably all in your colon). Fiber is one of those things that can paradoxically clog and clean your bowels so alter your intake up and down to find the right fiber balance for you. If you're concerned, grab some Fleet phospho soda and prepare to spend the day in the bathroom and then time how long it is until your next natural movement.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Fruits are really good for that, especially berries and things. Lately I've been having the opposite problem but I've been eating a lot of strawberries, peaches and blueberries so that's probably why.
  • rjlam
    rjlam Posts: 149
    Options
    There are several things you can do

1. Drink your minimum of 8 glasses of water
    2. Eat plenty of fresh fruit as suggested, appples, dried prunes(be careful if you eat too many you will experience cramping)
    3. Track your daily intake. You need a minimum of 25g of fiber per day.
    4. I the above does not work, go to your nearest health food store and purchase magnesium citrate and start by taking 100mg after supper. Try that for about a couple of weeks and see what happen's. Good Luck
  • kewkdb
    Options
    Well I was able to squeeze out a turd last night but wasn't very impressive. However, I had some Hormel Chipotle Chicken Chili this morning and that seemed to flush my system out rather well >_< I also went back and tracked my Fiber. It looks like I have been averaging 15g-17g a day.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    that you could go multiple days without pooping? I'm on 4 days with no poop atm and ran 28mi last week 8.5 tonight.

All depends what you are eating. If you are eating really good food - and by good I mean really nutritious - it could be that every bit of it is being shipped off to the areas in your body that need it, leaving no waste. Sometimes bodybuilders have had that happen because of the food they are consuming.

You are running so many miles, that it is not surprising you are using up so much energy.

If you feel constipated however, act quickly, you don't need that crap (excuse the pun) to interfere with your training and day-to-day life.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Well I was able to squeeze out a turd last night but wasn't very impressive. However, I had some Hormel Chipotle Chicken Chili this morning and that seemed to flush my system out rather well >_< I also went back and tracked my Fiber. It looks like I have been averaging 15g-17g a day.

And you said you were getting enough fiber! :smile: The only reason I knew to ask is that I just went through this myself, and the fiber was the culprit.
  • kewkdb
    Options

And you said you were getting enough fiber! :smile: The only reason I knew to ask is that I just went through this myself, and the fiber was the culprit.

No, I said I was getting enough water :) I had no idea what my Fiber intake was :)