Ladies in your 30's?

Hi, all! My name is Cookie, 32, and I've always tried those "get-skinny-quick" fad diets and lost weight then gained it back along with a few more while also going through fasting and then binging cycles. I have been working in the last three weeks to be better to myself and to lose weight the right way without restricting myself too much other than my total calorie amount (in other words, I'll still have my favorite foods in moderation, for now).

I have 20 pounds I'd like to lose and although it doesn't sound like a lot to some, it has taken me 2 years to lose 13 pounds and keep it off. Weight loss (and keeping it off) is so hard for me. I'd really like friends who understand this and can relate to me and support me while taking support from me, too! Please add me if you can relate! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• monique454
    monique454 Posts: 1 Member
    I am 32 as well and have been up and down for the past 8 yrs. I am currently 30 lbs up and would like to lose a lot of it by my cousins wedding in April :)
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Request sent!

I'm 35, and also would like to lose 20 pounds (maybe more).
  • MomOfRose
    MomOfRose Posts: 89 Member
    Totally relate. 30, mom of one, I keep losing and gaining the same 15 pounds, though I need to lose 25 from where I'm at now. It's not easy.
  • Hi, I'm also 32 and I've tried all sorts in the last year to lose the extra stone I'm carrying. It just seems everything I try ultimately ends up with me gaining more weight! I'm the heaviest I've ever been (apart from post-childbirth) and it's getting me down a bit now.

I'm now starting circuit training this week and am just going to try healthy eating with treats in moderation - perhaps it's my metabolism slowing down now I'm over the 30 hump but I seem to be getting nowhere!
  • nessa2BFit
    nessa2BFit Posts: 155 Member
    38 here... will be 39 in feb ;-) my goal was to go into my 40's in better shape than i was in my 20's... well i still weigh more but i am in a size i haven't been in since the 8th grade (i was a 12-14 from 8th grade through high school) i am now a size 10 (on good days) but normally a 12 ... hoping to be a size 8!
  • pepper176
    pepper176 Posts: 16 Member
    I'm turning 30 in 2 weeks, and I've been gaining and losing the same 20 - 25 lbs for as long as I can remember. I want to get serious about losing it the right way, and keeping it off. I'm ready to make some real changes!