Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Low Carb Diet Beginner

I have been on a Low Carb diet since Jan. 2nd. I completely abstain from potatoes, rice, and pasta and I am a carb watcher with other foods. I have lost about 15lbs so far. I've never really dieted before out of fear of failing but this diet is not so bad. I had a craving yesterday for donuts and biscuits, but I didn't give in and the craving went away pretty quickly. When I was consuming great deal of carbs and sugar, I would never be able to shake a craving. It would gnaw and gnaw at me until I gave in to the craving. I'm really excited about my future and I hope that nothing but good results continue to be achieved through this diet. I have about 60lbs more to lose so wish me luck!

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Best of luck to you!

If you are looking for like minded MFP friends you might want to check out the Group sections. There are several low-carb groups.
  • Thank you. I will do just that. I need all of the support that I can get in this life transformation. Best of luck to you as well!
  • Cat_Lifts
    Cat_Lifts Posts: 174 Member
    Congratulations! Mind if I ask what you do for your meals?
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    I love low carb and have nothing but good thing to say about it. One thing I've found though is if I start to crave carbs it's a sure sign I'm not eating enough calories so maybe keep that in mind if the cravings come back. Best wishes. :smile:
  • sunseeker100
    sunseeker100 Posts: 90 Member
    hi! I've been doing Atkins for a few weeks now and absolutely love it :) feel free to add me as a friend, my diary is open
  • Apinget
    Apinget Posts: 41 Member
    Good luck with your low carb journey! I've been a keto follower off and on for a year, but I just can't argue with the result I get when I stick to my low carb eating and how much better I feel. My pre-diabetes is completely manageable and my energy is soaring, not to mention I have sexy muscles peaking through which reminds me it's all worth it :)

If you ever need low carb recipes I've found this evernote to be well stocked (although I enjoy scouring the internet for more)

https://www.evernote.com/pub/trinity32/recipies#b=0af48759-5d5d-4f53-8f3c-b8487bc3c453&st=p&n=fd0c2d73-b7e5-4a49-be9c-712baffd7b9e

There are tons of baked goods for those days you need something sweet or those events where you know people are going to push cake (why not bring your own?)

Good luck, and if you're interested in adding me as a friend it would be great to help keep each other motivated
  • I'm sorry I never realized that I received responses to my posts until today. However I usually do a meat and one or two veggies. For example I eat a pan saute chicken breast strips and onion cooked in 1-2 tbsp of canola oil. I also like oven roasted carrots lightly sprinkled with olive oil and sea salt, or pan saute spinach and onion cooked in 1-2 tbsp of canola oil, or cabbage and onion cooked in 1-2 tbsp of canola oil. I love okra and tomato (diced fresh roma tomato) stew as well, fried egg plant, and a saute summer squash and zucchini with purple onion.I also eat sirloin steak, beef meatballs, fried or baked chicken wings, and fried or baked tilapia.
  • This is great information. Thanks for sharing especially the cake recipes.
  • I have found it tough this week to eat enough calories and you're right I have also craved sugar. Thanks for these tips.