Do I need to log calories applied externally?

Options
Dewymorning
Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
:P

I just bought virgin coconut oil today to apply to my eczema, and because it is a food product it has nutional values on it. Quite high in calories, though no surprise given it is an oil.

It smells really really good.

Hopefully it helps my eczema.

Replies

• pixiesgreene
    pixiesgreene Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, I've never tried it on my eczema! Let us know how it works!

My old roommate used to put it in her hair.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Probably not.
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I use it on my sons eczema if I catch it early enough and ig works if I catch it early enough. But sometimes when I get him home he is already broken out and it doesn't help. But he surely smells good!
  • Dewymorning
    Options
    So I am googling this stuff, and I find a site that claims that adding a teaspoon of virgin coconut oil to your smoothie will help you lose weight.

Sure, 130 extra calories a day will really help me lose weight.,

On the eczema front, I tried a little bit on my smallest patch of eczema while at the store, and then applied more after a shower, and I am noticing a difference in the colour already.
  • SugarLou57
    SugarLou57 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I don't think you have to log the calories you don't ingest. I love coconut oil for my outside, and yes for calming the eczema. Try it right out of the shower while you are still a little damp.

I sometimes put in in a smoothie if I need a dessert - almond milk, coconut oil, chocolate, ice or frozen fruit - YUM, but you do have to account for the calories.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Patrick-Stewart-LOL-Giggle.gif
  • Dewymorning
    Options

giphy.gif
  • CassiLyn6626
    CassiLyn6626 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

I <3 Benedict Cumberbatch... and Patrick Stewart!
  • Dewymorning
    Options

giphy.gif

baby-laughing-hysterically-o.gif

mycroft
  • DamePiglet
    Options

giphy.gif

mycroft

OP, I surely hope your eczema clears up super fast. You deserve it for this collection of gifs.

FWIW, although I'm probably going to get jumped for suggesting this, but I actually clear up my eczema by tanning briefly. Not sure why but with even very short exposure to the UV lights it clears right up. It's something I deal with every winter.
  • tmaree2
    tmaree2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

mycroft

OP, I surely hope your eczema clears up super fast. You deserve it for this collection of gifs.

FWIW, although I'm probably going to get jumped for suggesting this, but I actually clear up my eczema by tanning briefly. Not sure why but with even very short exposure to the UV lights it clears right up. It's something I deal with every winter.

you may just cop a serve for suggesting tanning, however....UV (PUVA) treatment is widely used to treat psoriasis and other skin conditions. you start at 10 seconds in a booth getting blasted by UVA lights, then it slowly increases to no more than about 1 minute. it works brilliantly for very severe psoriasis. I however just try to get some good sunshine on my skin to help mine.
  • DamePiglet
    Options

giphy.gif

mycroft

you may just cop a serve for suggesting tanning, however....UV (PUVA) treatment is widely used to treat psoriasis and other skin conditions. you start at 10 seconds in a booth getting blasted by UVA lights, then it slowly increases to no more than about 1 minute. it works brilliantly for very severe psoriasis. I however just try to get some good sunshine on my skin to help mine.

Yep, me too in the summer. I don't get enough sun in the winter to keep it at bay. Too much rain.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many women log their facials.....