Ever feel like life isn't fair...? :)

Options
I guess I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself, life can be so frustrating sometimes.

I've been logging for about 6 weeks and in that time I've managed to lose 3kg which is obviously ideal progress especially considering that it includes Christmas!

However, I needed a new shirt for an interview. Prior to starting, I was wearing a UK16 and it was the fact that when shopping, even they were getting tight that motivated me to start off the weight loss.

So yeah, I've lost 3kg but when I went to buy my shirt the only ones that would fit nicely were a 20!! It's just so demotivating considering that I've made so much progress but somehow I'm in my biggest clothing size ever. So frustrating!

Oh well, I guess it's keep plodding on with it. Hopefully it'll be the last size 20 item of clothing I EVER have to buy.

Replies

• jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just keep up the hard work, you'll get there before you know it. Don't be discouraged. *bear hugz*
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we just done realize how the clothes we were used to wearing were getting tighter because we kept stretching them out. Keep to it and you will get to the smaller size!
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You're doing great. Relax, breathe and be patient...

Clothes sizes are arbitrary and mean nothing. If you want to see progress, use actual measurements. I have issues when I bulk because my thighs no longer fit into pants that are the right size for my waist. My arms are uncomfortable in long sleeves because they make shirts for people with no definition or curves. Keep calm and carry on...
  • christopherphillips1983
    Options
    Sometimes we just done realize how the clothes we were used to wearing were getting tighter because we kept stretching them out. Keep to it and you will get to the smaller size!

Yeah, I've made this mistake myself. I've decided I need to replace my size 36 jeans, gone to the store, bought a new pair of size 36 jeans in the same cut, taken them home without trying them on (since, again, same size, brand, and cut as my old ones), and had them be unbearably tight and impossible to put on. I have three pairs of shorts that I usually wear, and they're a 34, 36, and 38. The 34s are just several years old and have stretched like crazy.
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My guess is that, even though the number on the tag went up, you look smaller in it.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    You'll get there, 3kg is awesome! I have the same issue with clothing. I've lost 15 lbs and while things are a bit looser, I still haven't lost enough inches to go down in size. And then I do something stupid like wash my jeans in my current size, and they tighten up in the wash and I have to fight my way into them. Stupid clothes.