Getting Back To Me

Options
Hello everyone. I'm pretty new here. I only started a week ago. I'm already down 4 lbs, and I'm just getting a chance to post in the forums. So...hi. :-)

I started MFP because it seemed like the best way to help me lose weight without crash dieting. I suffered from eating disorders when I was a teenager, and at one point was severely underweight and starving myself. I was worried that without a program telling me I should eat more calories, I might relapse. After overcoming my eating disorders, that was the last thing I wanted to do.

I gained 100 pounds after some major medical problems. I started medication and treatment for them a few months ago, and I'm finally in a place where I can start to think about losing the weight. Right now, I'm 268 lbs, and a few years ago, I was 165 lbs. My goal is to get to 145 lbs, but I've found with my height and how muscular I get, I might be too thin at that weight. We'll see! (I always seem to bulk up with muscle, even when I want to be leaner.)

My hopes and dreams are to be down to a healthy weight within a year and a half or two years. I miss my old clothes, and I miss being able to do yoga the way I used to. I used to dance, surf, and do all sorts of activities that I had to stop when I got sick. I don't know if I'll be able to do them again, but darnit, I want to try. And oh my goodness, I don't even want to talk about airplane seats.

With all that said, hello! How is everyone doing tonight?

Replies

• Swinggrrl
    Swinggrrl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! It's great you're feeling better & ready to find yourself again! Good luck, I'm sure you'll find success 8)
  • 2000chances
    2000chances Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm pretty new here. I only started a week ago. I'm already down 4 lbs, and I'm just getting a chance to post in the forums. So...hi. :-)

I started MFP because it seemed like the best way to help me lose weight without crash dieting. I suffered from eating disorders when I was a teenager, and at one point was severely underweight and starving myself. I was worried that without a program telling me I should eat more calories, I might relapse. After overcoming my eating disorders, that was the last thing I wanted to do.

I gained 100 pounds after some major medical problems. I started medication and treatment for them a few months ago, and I'm finally in a place where I can start to think about losing the weight. Right now, I'm 268 lbs, and a few years ago, I was 165 lbs. My goal is to get to 145 lbs, but I've found with my height and how muscular I get, I might be too thin at that weight. We'll see! (I always seem to bulk up with muscle, even when I want to be leaner.)

My hopes and dreams are to be down to a healthy weight within a year and a half or two years. I miss my old clothes, and I miss being able to do yoga the way I used to. I used to dance, surf, and do all sorts of activities that I had to stop when I got sick. I don't know if I'll be able to do them again, but darnit, I want to try. And oh my goodness, I don't even want to talk about airplane seats.

With all that said, hello! How is everyone doing tonight?

Welcome......you're off to a good start.
  • NightWriteMermaid
    Options
    Thank you! :-)