Hi from Perth in Western Australia

Options
Hi everyone, I have had a really long break from my fitness pal, but recently dug it up again and have started to seriously take note of my exercise and calorie output and intake.

I am currently travelling the chemotherapy journey, and have just had round four yesterday, two more rounds to go.

The drugs make me very hungry, so I am having to keep up the exercise to manage my calories. No vomiting or nausea with this round, so looks like I will need to be extra vigilant!

I wish you all well on your own personal journeys towards better health.

Rhoda

Replies

• Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Tasmania.
    Hope everything goes well with your journey.
    Glad chemo so far hasn't been to bad

Gael.
  • MrsBiggles
    Options
    Hi Geal,

Thanks for your kind words. They have changed the drugs this time round, the first lot really knocked me around, now I am on Docytaxal , which seems to be being kinder. Touch wood!

Over the hump now with only two more rounds to go.

Kind regards,

Rhoda:smooched:
  • kaktan
    kaktan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am from Perth as well, hope you are having a lovely Saturday! and best of luck with everything. if you ever need a friend to talk to feel free to friend me :)
  • MrsBiggles
    Options
    Thanks, for your kind wishes, at this point I have only got immediate family as friends on here. Thanks for the offer though. :blushing:
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    hello mrsbiggles, im from sydney, welcome back to MFP.... if you need any help just give us a yell... ;P
  • gostblader
    Options
    Welcome :D
    Good luck to you mate
  • MrsBiggles
    Options
    Hi there everyone,

I have had a pretty difficult day today. The steroids they have me on for this chemo make me very hungry. On top of all that, the side effects of the chemo are making my leg joints ache like I have never experienced. So no exercise for me this week, I think. Tis going to make reaching goals quite difficult, but I will try to be careful. Taste buds are also out of action, so while I am hungry, I don't actually fancy all that many foods, as I can't really taste them. Bread and jam are the thing I hunt for at the moment! Not such a good choice.... Oh well. I guess it will be all over in just over six weeks, and I can get back on track then.

Sorry for the ramble, and thank you for your encouragement.

Rhoda