Help!! 3 weeks and no improvement :(

Options
Hi guys

I have been doing fitness pal on my phone for 3 weeks now, sticking to 1,200 calories a day. Going to the gym 3-4 times a week for 60 mins (Burning around 400-500 cals)

I use the calories from gym to add back to daily so days I work out i'd have 1600 calories.

But the weight isn't shifting!! Im so upset!! I've dieted in the past and lost a stone within 3 weeks but really don't know where i'm going wrong this time. I haven't lost a pound in 3 weeks, yet I've never worked so hard!

Any advice will be great.

Thank you :)

Replies

• kelsmcdowall
    Options
    Hi FlightClubKat!

I was the same yesterday even though I've only been on my healthy eating/exercising routine for 11 days today I was soooo frustrated about the scales not moving!! Last night I went & bought new scales that also measure your bodyfat. & turns out my MANUAL scales were wrong!!! I couldn't believe this haha. Alot heavier than I thought I was but not knowing what the weight you started at was is also annoying. Defo check your scales & if they are right, keep going as muscle weighs more than fat remember & I'd recommend measuring yourself with a tape measure as you might be losing inches instead of the pounds!!

Good luck :)

x
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    How accurate is your calorie counting? I try to leave my net a hundred or so below 1200 because I know I'm not very accurate
  • missdelarocha
    missdelarocha Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    First off, you are doing an amazing job, like really. I commend you, I hope you're super proud of yourself!! Think about all of the things you're doing right, not wrong.

Now onto your issue, I don't know what you were doing food or exercise wise before these past three weeks or what kind of workouts you're doing now so if you can chuck some more information out there it might be a little easier for others to see what's going on.

P.S, this is not dieting :)!
  • FightClubKat
    Options
    Thank you all :)

Before this I was watching my food intake (not properly) But over the past 2 years by cutting down on alcohol and eating healthily I lost around 2 stone. That was with no exercise at all! I have maintained the loss and have stayed the same weight for several months now.

I do count every calorie including the teas/coffees I have during the day and i'm usually a little under like you Lou.

My exercise consists of 30 Minutes on the treadmill - I can't run lol so walk fast paced at an incline of 5-10, do 20 minutes on the bike and 10 on the cross trainer. I then do some sit ups, squats, resistance machines but not every time I go. I do feel like i've had a good workout and i do sweat buckets :smile: I try to work on legs as much as poss because I am very pear shape! My upper body is small, yet my thighs and backside are huge!! :laugh: :laugh:

I think I will invest in some new scales Kels and especially ones that measure body fat.

Thanks guys :) x
  • Kerryleexx
    Kerryleexx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem!!!!! since first of jan ive gone from 139 to 137 and back again its so annoying. but I know ive been eating too much - more than I need! but ive been working out so hard. it is annoying im just lacking in willpower to not eat so much.

boohoo I just need more self discipline. but I think you should keep going and measuring yourself! :)
  • Kerryleexx
    Kerryleexx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hey where do you get them weight loss trackers from??
  • craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are on the right path. Stay strong. Do you weigh your food, or just measure? If you are measuring, I would highly recommend buying a 20 dollar digital scale and weigh your food. Also, water consumption is so important. It flushes toxins, and excess water in the body. Try to get your 8 a day. I would say if you do these two things, you'll start to see the weight come off. Also, I try to stay about 100-150 calories below my goal daily... that always helps too!

Good luck, and keep on!!
  • FightClubKat
    Options
    I wouldn't mind but before i started my healthy eating regime and the gym I stayed the same weight for months.. hopefully it'll just fall off soon :smile: I'll keep going and keep you updated! I'm going to Vegas 31st March and wanted to lose as much as poss so praying!

Not sure how you put the weight loss trackers on, do you mean the banners that say how well you've done etc? Might be in settings x
  • FightClubKat
    Options
    Kerrylee, go to settings and tick box where says show forum your progress xx
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    First, don't work the same muscles two days in a row.
    Second, if you just started working out, your muscles are retaining water, so it's normal not to see a result right away.
    Third, make sure you weigh your food so you know you're not eating too much.

Then it's all good and you should see some results soon.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are taking your measurements. Sometimes inches fall off before pounds
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I recommend taking pictures if you haven't. I started a month or so ago, and my weight fluctuates up and down day after day so I really felt like I wasn't losing anything. I took pics when I started and again last Sat and there is a VERY noticeable difference. I only started working out about 2 weeks ago, so I am VERY encouraged by those pics. I look at them all the time for motivation to keep going. I am also measuring so the scale is not my only tool as they say to gauge where I am. I am actually 8 lbs heavier right now than I was last summer, but the weight I have been losing is coming all from my stomach so my clothes pretty much fit the same as they did when I was lighter.

If you get discouraged like I do because the number isn't what you want on the scale, having more than one way to gauge your progress works wonders :)

Good luck!
  • missdelarocha
    missdelarocha Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the further info FightClubKat!
    First, don't work the same muscles two days in a row.
    Second, if you just started working out, your muscles are retaining water, so it's normal not to see a result right away.
    Third, make sure you weigh your food so you know you're not eating too much.

Then it's all good and you should see some results soon.

Completely agree with this. Other suggestion would be to start measuring some basic points on your body or, like 1Cor1510 said, take pictures, but you'd need to set them up exactly the same way each time.

My exercise consists of 30 Minutes on the treadmill - I can't run lol so walk fast paced at an incline of 5-10, do 20 minutes on the bike and 10 on the cross trainer. I then do some sit ups, squats, resistance machines but not every time I go. I do feel like i've had a good workout and i do sweat buckets :smile: I try to work on legs as much as poss because I am very pear shape! My upper body is small, yet my thighs and backside are huge!! :laugh: :laugh:

You can't spot reduce, if anything you're adding more muscle mass to that area, anyway I'm assuming you don't like that you're pear shaped, that's what I got from your message, but pear does not equal fat and is a very normal and attractive shape! I'd incorporate more back/chest and arm strength exercises so that you could even out your muscle development a bit, definitely keep going on the legs too. Great job on working out so hard :)!!
  • Krustpie
    Options
    I'm no expert, but don't eat back all your calories, you may go to the gym for an hour but you potentially don't work solidly for an hour. I would suggest (and could be shot down here) to stick to the food calories only and not eat back your exercise and see if you experience a loss.