what is the best pre workout food?

Options
C21x
C21x Posts: 22 Member
I'm looking for the best pre workout food or recipe. Can anyone share some info with me?

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Depends on the workout, but Pizza gives me stellar lifting power, not so hot before a long run though.

Rigger
  • HealthyMakeover
    HealthyMakeover Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, a banana, peanut butter, a grapefruit.
    Just some randoms
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you're an endurance guy with that profile pic so I'd have to recommend a piece of fruit. Dates / pineapple are sometimes what I would have before a weight lifting workout, but generally it's whey protein with water.
  • waytobeduck
    Options
    Anything high in protein or natural sugar (e.g. fruit or Greek yogurt). It can't be dense enough to cause a stitch/cramps.
  • pianistpotter
    Options
    A cup of yogurt(I prefer greek yogurt made with whole milk), half a cup of berries, a sliced banana and 1/4 cup of nuts. It is soo yummy❤️ You can also use granola, but it is a sugary and a high calorie food, if this is a problem for you.
  • GBPackerFan14
    GBPackerFan14 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Before a run I normally have 1 banana and 1 piece of toast w Peanut Butter. I used to have powerbars which are fine but got too expensive for everyday use. Before a long run I have cold cereal a lot as well (rice krispies was a fave bc it has low fiber).