How much does it take you to get full?

Options
I am an abnormal person for sure. I can eat a whole large pizza super easily amd feel starving 10 minutes after.

But when I listen my body carefully, I know when I am really full or not.
Usually 2 jumbo fried eggs(whole), 3 slices of Turkey bacon, a large slice of whole wheat bread and a glass of natural juice or whole milk would keep me full for about 3 hours. This is what I eat when I have morning rehearsals or something that requires energy(except working out).

So , at what point do you get full? What food and how much? Thank you;)

Replies

• FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    4oz cubed chicken
    1/2c cottage cheese
    1tbs mayo
    1/4c chopped celery
    1/4c chopped apple
    1c chopped spinach
    1/8tsp curry powder
    Salt to taste

Mix well and eat as a chicken salad, or mix all but spinach and serve over spinach.

This lunch keeps me satisfied for 4 hours or more.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I have found that 4-8 ounces of turkey, chicken or lean pork keeps me full for 3-6 hours. So does two hard boiled eggs.

Before my new healthy lifestyle, I could eat a whole papa johns think crust veggie pizza and big hungry two hours later. I can three cups of lettuce and be hungry 15 minutes later.
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Eating protein makes me feel much fuller. I eat 5 oz of chicken for dinner and feel perfectly full for hours afterward. In the days where I was more frequently filling up on unsubstantial snacks, it would obviously take a lot more calories before I felt full.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I don't think my body has a limit, the other day I allowed myself a cheat day and I ate everything shown below. I only stopped because I didn't want to spend any more money.

Dominos Extra Large Ultimate Pepperoni Pizza
    Dominos Cheesy Bread
    2 Liter of Barqs Root Beer
    Donatos Large Pepperoni Pizza
    Donatos Full size order of breadsticks
    2 Liter of Mt Dew
    1 Pint of Graders Mint chocolate Ice Cream

God only knows how many calories that is, but I was able to put it all down in 1 sitting and I didn't even feel full. I probably coulda downed another pizza, but I was already coming up on 60-70 bucks >_<
  • seamonster1203
    seamonster1203 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Research shrinking your own stomach.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between being full and how much I can eat. A huge difference.

Say for breakfast, two scrambled eggs, one piece of bacon, a slice of bread. I'm full.

However, I can happily eat, two eggs, three pieces of bacon, two sausages, a piece of black pudding, a piece of chourizo, two slices of toast, a couple of large potato cakes. Then a half hour later, a huge bowl of popcorn all to myself. And on, and on.
  • Luxleo
    Luxleo Posts: 21
    Options
    Well, over the past couple mornings, I've been having a packet of Quaker instant oatmeal for breakfast. As small as the pack is, I've noticed that it keeps me full for about 4 hours. O.o Now, I'm not sure if that's because I drink half a bottled water before I eat and the other half after I eat.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day, and on the macronutrients in the meal.
    Usually about 400cals for a high protein meal will stick for a good 3 hours (especially during the days I lift).
    If I am engaged in more cardio, I need some carbs in there.

Last night I ate a good 900cals in one sitting, but i had basically not eaten all day (unusual).

I have been known to eat 1000cals for breakfast, always high in protein.

And occasionally (once or twice a month) I take a day, or most of a day, and simply eat nothing (drink water).

If you don't feel full after a large meal, there is something wrong! You need to start retraining your habits. Hopefully your hormones will heal after a few months, if those are out of whack.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I am a hungry hungry hippo not calling you this but I can eat and eat and eat and be fine. The only time I really feel full is Christmas and thanksgiving. I feel as if my stomach must be huge. But that's why MFP has been so good for me because I can log my calories and even if I don't fill "full" I know I got what my body needs.

Best of luck to you :)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    I am not sure it is a question of "how much does it take to get full" as much of a question of being more aware of how much you are eating and allowing yourself to "feel full". I would get "full" and I would still keep eating. It didn't matter.

Before: A whole Papa John's Large thin crust pizza, 3 bread sticks, and 4 chicken wings (how I wasn't fatter then I was is a mystery).

Now: 3 pieces of a homemade flatbread pizza which is no where near the size of a large to start with.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I don't want to take out of your achievement, but it's not that hard to eat a large pizza.. I think it's harder to eat 2 servings of Greek yogurt with 1-2 scoops of protein powder. Dairy for me is very filling and feels heavy in my stomach.
  • amosmoses88
    amosmoses88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don't think my body has a limit, the other day I allowed myself a cheat day and I ate everything shown below. I only stopped because I didn't want to spend any more money.

Dominos Cheesy Bread
    2 Liter of Mt Dew

God only knows how many calories that is, but I was able to put it all down in 1 sitting and I didn't even feel full. I probably coulda downed another pizza, but I was already coming up on 60-70 bucks >_<

Holy Jesus....Are you alive?? lol. I have a delayed, very delayed full signal, so I can see eating maybe 1/3 of that and being full to the point I'm sick. I think you've broken a record! lol.
  • amosmoses88
    amosmoses88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have a delayed full signal, so it's hard for me to say. But for dinner, if I eat chicken or any kind of meat, I find that if I pair it with quite a bit of veggies, I fill full longer and drink water with it, that helps to keep you full longer as well.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    It depends on the meal, but if I have something balanced (say a 4 oz steak with a sweet potato and steamed broccoli) about 500 - 700 calories is all I need to be satisfied for a decent amount of time. In fact, I can usually tell when I've eaten about 600 calories by how I feel (unless I'm having something calorie dense).

I can definitely eat more in a sitting - I used to be able to eat a Domino's medium pepperoni pizza (regular crust) on my own (along with at least 1/2 an order of breadsticks).

Edit for typo.
  • RelevantKnowledge
    RelevantKnowledge Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how much it takes for me to be full. I find eating until I'm stuffed to be completely unnecessary.
  • hzliiz
    hzliiz Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I see from your profile you struggle with binge eating disorder. I am a former bulimic. My experience is that bingeing, especially if it happens frequently and over a long period of time, causes an inability to accurately read physical cues and recognize true hunger and satiation. Emotional "hunger" gets so confused with physical hunger that it becomes impossible to differentiate the two. Similarly, bingeing to the point of "satisfaction" can involve eating thousands of calories until you're basically completely numbed out and it can become easy to confuse that feeling with being "full" as a normal eater would experience it. If you can get some help from a nutritionist or a counselor with experience treating eating disorders it might be worth looking into. Best of luck to you OP!
  • pianistpotter
    Options

Dominos Cheesy Bread
    2 Liter of Mt Dew

Lol this is me most of the time. But I try to stop, and I think I manage to convince myself that I don't need anymore after one point.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Depends on the food, depends on the volume, and depends on when's the last time I ate.

It's very hard for me to feel full off sweets, no matter how calorie dense.

But give me a large chicken ceasar salad and I'm very unlikely to finish it in one sitting. I've gotten full off easting two large oranges and an apple, or a huge bowl of pea soup.
  • pianistpotter
    Options
    Thank you for answering:))
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

Dominos Cheesy Bread
    2 Liter of Mt Dew

I don't even know how that's....humanly possible. LOL!