Today's NSV

Options
Hi guys, I stalk the MFP community everyday for support but this is my first actual post! ????

I received a letter from the doctors today inviting me to join a study to see how lifestyle affected the chance of getting type 2 diabetes. Basically the study is aimed at people of certain age groups who are in the overweight or obese BMI categories and the plan is to put the subjects on an 8 week intensive diet and exercise programme.

The last time I went to the doctors a year ago, I weighed 246lbs with a BMI of 36.3 (obese). In the last 10 months, I have lost 64lbs through exercising and being more mindful of what I eat (I eat out 6 nights a week and that includes Nando's one night, and a takeaway pizza another night which is fine as I fit it into my daily stats).

I now weigh 182lbs with a BMI of 26.9.

I still have around 16lbs to go to be within a healthy BMI but based on the more detailed criteria contained in the letter, I don't weigh enough to take part in the study!! ???? Although you don't have to notify the study organisers if you don't want to take part, I almost want to ring them to tell them I can't, and why!! ????

Been trying to lose weight for years and finally feel things are working out. My whole mindset has changed to food and I can't wait to get on the scales every week to see how they change.

Thanks for reading ????

Replies

• marypresent
    marypresent Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your awesome success! Way to go with changing your mindset and getting the results you wanted to achieve!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!