Wow 12lbs in a month

Options
Hi
I just wanted to share that I have lost 12lbs in January. I have finally found something that I enjoy and I can stick to. I still have eaten chocolate and everything else I want to and I don't feel deprived at all

I am 17st 2 now so a long way to go to my target of 13st however I am on my way.

I was using tdee and couldn't really decide what my calories should be and checking MFP for the last two weeks I have averaged 1700 so I will stick with that and see how I get on

I am well on the way as I have 219 days to my wedding and I don't want to be a really fat bride
X

Replies

• aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • marypresent
    marypresent Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you will be a beautiful bride! Congratulations on your awesome success!
  • SaajidahM
    SaajidahM Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
    I started off a bit heavier than you in January and managed to get 10.8lbs off!
    Hope February is just as amazing!
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    keep on going
    don't forget to recalculate your max calories
    the more u loose the less energy u need.
  • Stephessor
    Stephessor Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work. I'm always encouraged when someone posts that they followed their TDEE and lost weight rather than the 1200 calories suggested. I followed the 1200 calories for the first month and loss 5 lbs. Now adjusted to TDEE and eager to see how it works out.
  • SaajidahM
    SaajidahM Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Pardon me for being lame but what's a TDEE?
  • Stephessor
    Stephessor Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Here's a great thread on TDEE. It also includes a link for you to calculate your personal numbers. Enjoy!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/512956-tdee-what-is-it-and-why-you-should-not-eat-below-your-bmr
  • shannonalgren1
    shannonalgren1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • Brunty554
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I agree with a previous reply about eating at tdee rather than the 1200 cals MFP suggested for me

I tried this last year and after two weeks had enough as I was very hungry and couldn't stick to it. This felt very much like a diet but what I am. DNA now seems feasible and life long so here is to the next part of our journeys :)

Good luck everyone and feel free to add me to share our stories
  • Patty1015A
    Patty1015A Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good work!
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Cannot agree more on TDEE. I struggled going low on calories and actually stopped losing weight until I made some serious adjustments.
  • mooofamum
    Options
    That's fantastic! Gives me hope :)
  • Rokosmummy
    Options
    Well done keep it up!:smile:
  • Tig_
    Tig_ Posts: 32
    Options
    That's awesome, well done <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!