Question for the Heavy Chested Ladies out there....

Options
Just wondering if you all could recommend some good sports bras out there for working out? I have 2 Nike Dri Fit bras, but I just find they're SO uncomfortable and just ill-fitting if you're bigger than a B. I know there has to be some good affordable bras that don't just squish your girls into your neck, if you know what I mean :grumble:

Thanks in advance lades! :happy:

Replies

• birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Panache Sport is my go to bra, I need a 30G and it fits perfectly. Plus it's encapsulated so the breasts are not smushed together to make one large uni boob:laugh: If you can wear a larger band 34+ I'm sure there are more options available.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am a 36F - I love the glamorize sports bras I picked up on amazon - no uni-boob and comfortable as all heck
  • kerryforward
    kerryforward Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this too and I look forward to reading the responses from others!
  • rexiecatmeow
    rexiecatmeow Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    36ddd and all I wear are VSX sports bras, I prefer the player bra.. that being said, I primarily lift so I'm doing a whole lot of bouncing..if you are looking for something to do plyo and a lot of running in then maybe not these? worth trying on though.
  • Llamedos1960
    Options
    There are some other threads about this too. If I remember correctly, Under Armour and Eleni seemed to be quite highly recommended. One tip is that, if you can't find a large enough band size (I couldn't), get the largest band you can in the correct cup size and get a bra expander. This means that, as you lose weight (and if the girls don't disappear too!) you can just lose the bra extender. Hope this is helpful.

I asked this same question once but the recommendations were too expensive for me. I ended up getting a very cheap one and a bra extender.

I hope this helps.

(ETA: I'm a 44G)
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I would consider myself a heavy chested woman, but I have enough up top that when I exercise I have the need to double up. I wear a regular bra and put a sports bra over that, works great for me.

Good luck!
  • FierceLisa
    FierceLisa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump Great Question I am in need of this to.
  • ikudbne12
    ikudbne12 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    40F here and i like the Enell brand sport bras... they do the squish uni boob thing but i am only using them for working out when i like the support and assurance of the girls not bouncing all over the place. Good hunting!
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Second the Enell
  • samfelder
    Options
    Wow!!! Thanks so much guys for the responses. I hate the "Uni-Boob" (had no idea there was such term lol) I'm definitely gonna look up all the suggestions. Another problem i have are the straps cutting into my shoulder...as if the bras aren't long enough to reach from shoulder to underboob ya know?
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I use the Moving Comfort Fiona Bra, which is on Amazon for $30-46 (looks like they're low on sizes right now but if interested I'm sure other places have them). I wear a 34DDD and run regularly, and this bra has been my favorite so far.

I think it's really important for ladies who are larger chested to get sports bras with clasps on the back rather than something that you pull over your arms-- pull overs just aren't made with the proper support for larger chests. It's also good to have the adjustable straps!
  • mitzvahmom78
    mitzvahmom78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Elomi makes very good ones. They are expensive, but comfortable. They even make a swim bra that you can wear as a bikini top or under another swimsuit. Look on websites such as Her Room or Bare Necessities. Good luck.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I have found that sports bras with an underwire are the best for me. Bali has a good one, just got a MovingComfort bra, which seems very supportive but I won't know how good till I get the chance to use it in action... I'm a 36DDD so it's not easy- but the running stores often have a variety you can try. Good luck!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Love Jockey!
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    lulu makes some decent ones but usually only up to a 38DD. i just squished my 35Es into it and sometimes i'll throw another up top. then put on a shirt with a built in bra. locked and loaded!