Do You Add The Calories That Come From Vitamins

Options
I noticed that there were 10 calories in Fish Oil capsules and 80 calories in the ground flax seed powder I bought. Do you guys add this or ignore it because you'll burn it off anyway by the end of the day?

Replies

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I add everything. If I didn't I'd find myself not adding the few calories from my coffee creamer, or that half a boiled egg I shared with my kid, etc. You'll burn off everything by the end of the day if you're in a calorie deficit - but you need to track calories to know whether you achieved a deficit or not!
  • softncudly
    softncudly Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Okay. Thanks for that. :happy:
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    80 calories is a lot not to post. I post everything but black coffee.
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I hadn't even thought to add them.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I add everything :)
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    I add in my vitamin calories. I actually added a Vitamins meal to MFP to keep track of all of them, with or without calories.
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    No.

I would add something if it were 80 calories but I tend to round up quantities to account for the small things I cba to track.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Well, I log supplements because I like to track micronutrients as well, and because sometimes I forget to take them. My fish oil has 9 calories per capsule which I don't think is a big deal. I'd definitely be logging something worth 80 calories though.
  • Firekeeper66
    Firekeeper66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I add my vitamins - all 80 calories of them - boohoo! :wink:
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    No, I don't count or log vitamins or supplements calories, but I know that non of them are 80 calories. Any way, I don't eat all my exercises calories, so I am covered.

Edited for clarification
  • Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    my cla is 60 per 15 ml, but that's because its as an oil not as a tablet. I add it