Breakfast

Options
I have recently starting trying to diet, and was wondering if anyone could help me by suggesting healthy breakfast ideas?

Replies

• Lynn1098
    Lynn1098 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like Overnight Oatmeal on days when I have to work. It's easy, healthy, and tasty. You can find a thousand variations, but here's a link to get you started...

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats/oatmeal with cinnamon and almond milk and a sprinkle of honey or stevia (make a big batch and keep it in the fridge for a week or so)
    Cottage cheese and fruit with flax seed or other seeds or crushed almonds
    Greek Yogurt and fruit with the same seeds or nuts
    Egg whites with veggies and salsa or green chili with a sprinkle of cheese. Add some chicken breast or lean turkey for protein.

Now that I think about it, I don't have much variety in my breakfast :D
  • lunafortuna
    Options
    I LOVE Egg Beaters 100% Whites. They're kind of expensive, but a little goes a long way as far as hunger goes. I fry up a quarter cup (only 32 Calories not counting the oil), and put it on top of some baby spinach or arugula. Throw in some feta or mozzarella, and you have a breakfast that'll keep you going for hours, and it's under 300 Calories.
  • nicoleh1718
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help
    :)
  • palomalou2
    palomalou2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Second the steel cut oats but with raisins. Also, raisin bread with a thin peanut butter layer and banana on top. Sometimes frozen waffles with fruit on top.
  • DancingJester
    DancingJester Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Porridge is SO good. It’s really nice with honey (plus it’s a natural sweetener) and fills you up so well. I weigh it at about 30g then make it with mainly water and a little bit of skimmed milk. Plus some honey 5/10g of honey. This works out at about 145 calories. I by packs that say 150 calories (dry) they sometimes say make with 180ml milk but its just as nice with water and only 30ml of milk than with all milk.

I used to have nice cereals but I found I would need 2 bowls to fill me up and they were about 200 to 260 calories each so switched.
  • GeekyKellie
    Options
    I had two scrambled eggs and one serving of Jenny-O Breakfast Sausage (Lean) this morning, and it was super satisfying! 247 calories total. I've been having a hard time thinking of good breakfast stuff, too :) .