One thing about working out hard..............

TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
When I get in a great workout like I did this morning...I always tend to get that "few hours after exercise fatigue"......man, I am sitting here SO sleepy!! Just drained! I DID burn 1,000 calories though. That might have something to do with it!! :laugh:

Replies

• TamTastic
    When I get in a great workout like I did this morning...I always tend to get that "few hours after exercise fatigue"......man, I am sitting here SO sleepy!! Just drained! I DID burn 1,000 calories though. That might have something to do with it!! :laugh:
  • MiaBellaFaith
    MiaBellaFaith Posts: 60 Member
    1.000 calories doing WHAT?
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    just so you know i'm going to find you and steal your hair!!

haha
    totally kidding by the way, but you do have beautiful hair!!!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    We are doing a 50 mile bike ride Saturday morning and I know I will feel great for the first hour once we return...then I might sleep for two days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did 40 miles last Saturday and I burned 1642 calories on three hours. So I expect that I will burn close to 2000. Another thing a good workout makes me....HUNGRY!!!
  • TamTastic
    Well, I did 65 min on the elliptical (the one with the arm motion too), random setting, level 19......then did weights and then did another 20 min on the elliptical without the arms but with the incline. It was actually around 1120 calories, but I usually bring it down 100 or more with inconsistencies.

The machines ask for my weight and the incline elliptical asks for age too, so they are a LITTLE better, but I don't trust them completely. I always enter a weight around 5 lbs less than I am too to help make it more accurate.
  • MiaBellaFaith
    MiaBellaFaith Posts: 60 Member
    i wish i could exercise like that
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    I get like that too!! After a workout, I want to sleep forever, but it doesnt last- I get home and want to go to bed, but then a couple of hours later I feel wide awake.
    So odd!!
    I just heard the other night a way to avoid this is to drink Chocolate Milk after a hard workout. No idea if that's true or not.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    I just heard the other night a way to avoid this is to drink Chocolate Milk after a hard workout. No idea if that's true or not.
    it might be true but if it is then there goes all the hard work!!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Well, I did 65 min on the elliptical (the one with the arm motion too), random setting, level 19......then did weights and then did another 20 min on the elliptical without the arms but with the incline. It was actually around 1120 calories, but I usually bring it down 100 or more with inconsistencies.

The machines ask for my weight and the incline elliptical asks for age too, so they are a LITTLE better, but I don't trust them completely. I always enter a weight around 5 lbs less than I am too to help make it more accurate.

WOW!!! now that's a workout...:drinker: I did an 89 minute TaeBo workout the other day and thought I was gonna fall over and die...:laugh: I know the feeling...it's somewhere around 1000-1100 or so calories too. I need an HRM to know for sure. But when I looked it up on a calculater online it showed somewhere between 1000 and 1200 calories...don't remember. But WOW! It's a tough one. I look like I took a shower with my clothes on when I'm done...:laugh: Keep up the hard work...LOOKIN GOOD WOMAN!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

And yes, I too was very very very tired :yawn:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    I actually drink a Slim Fast shake after a hard workout (800 calories or more) and it really seems to help. And I'm getting the fiber and protein along with the yummy taste (yup, I'm one of the crazy people who like them).
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Actually chocolate milk is a very good thing to have after a workout, helps your muscles recovery quicker. At least you're getting your calcium and not many cals in a cup serving. Could also have soy choc milk
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    I experienced the same thing (tired and a lil cranky afterwards) and talked to my naturopathic doctor about this, and she recommended a protein shake as soon as your heart rate is back around <100. I do a whey protein (low carb, low fat, and sweetened with stevia) for about 140 cals. Just a thought...
    :flowerforyou:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    I experienced the same thing (tired and a lil cranky afterwards) and talked to my naturopathic doctor about this, and she recommended a protein shake as soon as your heart rate is back around <100. I do a whey protein (low carb, low fat, and sweetened with stevia) for about 140 cals. Just a thought...
    :flowerforyou:

Would a protein bar be the same? I usually eat a Detour protein bar after a long bike ride...sometimes even during. They have whey protein and Tiger Woods eats them...I saw him on tv in a tourney eating one on the way to the next hole. If they are good enough for Tiger, then I figure good enough for me. Now if only I could afford his trainer!!!!:laugh: