Calorie/Heart Rate Counter Watch(es)

Options
Hi,

I'd like to start measuring accurately (or as close as) of what I'm burning daily in my sessions/running. I don't have a massive budget for something flashy. Just basically an indication of understanding I burning X calories in this class and X amount during running etc. But the added brief of (if possible) to sync with my fitness pal or map my run, if you think there are better (albeit cheaper) watches that do the job but don't synch then I don't mind that.

Thanks!!!

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the polar F4 but it doesn't sync but I just manually enter my exercise into MFP-takes about 1 minute!.Whatever you get, make certain it has a chest strap for the most accurate results. Some of the cheaper hrm's don't have straps so be mindful of that.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Another vote for PolarFT4 and its not terribly expensive. Does Mapmyrun not calculate calories? If not RunKeeper does and it seems to be pretty accurate, free, and syncs with MFP; love that app!
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    rhileyschubbygranny Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I can't live without my Polar T4 HRM. If I accidently forget it I practically have a stroke.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I found my Timex Ironman HRM was way over estimating my calories, plus it was confusing to use. I got a Polar FT7 and like it much better. After going though the settings once I understood how to use it and the calorie estimation seems to be more accurate. Remember HRM are only "accurate" for steady state exercise. Cardio not strength.
  • Kanyon17
    Kanyon17 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 is the best :)
  • mrsmcf
    mrsmcf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 is my BOI!!!!
  • Lilyin562
    Options
    You can buy the heart rate band only (not the watch) and just sunch it with the Digifit App on your phone. That's what I do. =)
  • jengempark
    jengempark Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4!!! check around just got a new one for about 60 bucks :) best HRM in my experience. I enter manually as well, good luck to you!!!
  • karri82
    karri82 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I second all the lady's who said polar ft4 I wouldn't be without it now
  • ariateh
    ariateh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can't live without my Polar T4 HRM. If I accidently forget it I practically have a stroke.

Same here! I actually stop half way through my workout to get mine on! Count me as another vote for the Polar FT4. It's cheap, accurate, and inputing the workout into MFP isn't too much work.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Mt Polar FT7 calorie count is pretty much the same as what Runtastic gives me so you may want to look at something like that if money is an issue. If though you want a HRM for more than counting calories then the fT4 is a good buy/