Do you change your weight ticker every time you weigh?

Options
Just wondering if you change your weight ticker every time you weigh yourself? So I have decided to weigh myself once a week.

I get so excited when I lose a pound and the ticker goes down! But when you weigh yourself and you gain weight, do you record it? Or do you wait and hope in a few days it will go back to your current loss?

Just curious what people do...

Replies

• Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    When I first started over a year ago, I changed it every time I weighed, whether up or down. The more I learned here and throughout my progress towards my goal weight, I only changed it when I saw a "new" loss. If the scale went up a pound or two over a month, I didn't change it and when I lost any regain again, I didn't change it. I only change it when I have "new" loss from my last recorded number. But its all about whatever works best for each of us so whatever you feel works for you, go for it!!bigsmile:
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    No, I don't. I used to. I used to update even a 0.2 loss of pounds, but now unless it's some major loss, I don't change the ticker. I also don't change it when my weight comes up 2-4 pounds during TOM either.
  • waytobeduck
    Options
    Just wondering if you change your weight ticker every time you weigh yourself?: What do you mean? Doesn't it change automatically? I weigh myself and record the weight on MFP, every time.

But when you weigh yourself and you gain weight, do you record it? Or do you wait and hope in a few days it will go back to your current loss?: The former.
  • PDarrall
    PDarrall Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Record everything. Not trying to trick the scales, that's only really a trick on me.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I don't try and change the ticker. I do record my weight once a week. I have too. If I don't revisit it each week it creeps up on me. That weekly check in and recording helps keep me sane.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Yes I still do whether I'm up or down and I weigh in every single day. For me, it's become about simply collecting the data so I can keep an eye on how my weight fluctuates. It has helped me to completely overcome fear of the scale.
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean change the ticker... :)

I meant when you weigh yourself and you gain...do you record it? Or do you wait until the next weigh in and hope it goes down to what it shows on your ticker...Hope this makes sense...
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Wow aarar!!! Your weight loss is incredible! Hopefully me someday!!!
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I record once a week, up or down. It's not like I can lie to myself, the ticker is .what it is
  • nippoleon
    nippoleon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I only do it when it goes down. (Except on Christmas, when I gained seven pounds. I counted that.)
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I record my weight every other day, gain or loss.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Monday. Up, down or same I record it in MFP. Who am I trying to fool?
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Nope. I stopped weighing months ago. I've lost probably about close to 20 lbs since I put my ticker up.

So when I finally do update my weight, which is going to be after a pair of jeans I have left over from the 90s start falling off, there is gonna be a big jump in my ticker.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about the ticket since it changes itself.

I weigh daily and keep a spreadsheet but I record my weight on MFP once a week. I have not had a gain until this week and it appears I am at a stall since it has been up 0.4 lbs since my last weigh in everyday, even with keeping within my calories and exercise. I do not think I would record a gain until it sticks for two weeks.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    When I first started over a year ago, I changed it every time I weighed, whether up or down. The more I learned here and throughout my progress towards my goal weight, I only changed it when I saw a "new" loss. If the scale went up a pound or two over a month, I didn't change it and when I lost any regain again, I didn't change it. I only change it when I have "new" loss from my last recorded number. But its all about whatever works best for each of us so whatever you feel works for you, go for it!!bigsmile:

This is what I do, too! :flowerforyou:
  • christopherphillips1983
    Options
    I weigh myself most days, but it's mostly just out of curiosity since it's easy to make it fluctuate. I only update my MFP ticker once a week or so.
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Once a week, every Sunday, and I record whether its weight loss or gain. Not recording everything is really just lying to yourself and won't help you in the long run.
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I record my weight every Monday Up or Down. I sometimes weigh myself during the week but never record.
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I look back through records to figure out what I've done right/wrong, what to expect for future, etc. I weigh daily and I always update the ticker whether it's up or down. I do also keep track of the "trend" weight and record that as well as an additional number.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    OK we're talking about a gain. i do wait a week before recording a gain. 99% of the time it's water weight and gone the next week. Just happened to me. Now last fall I gained 10 pounds and went week to week hoping to lose knowing I wouldn't and finally had my come to Jesus moment with the scale and recorded the gain. Only then was I able to stop it and start working on it.